Si Tech Neck Tite - Neck Seal Quick Exchange

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Good news.....My distributor just got the flexible Nek Tites in :D We had an August "expected" date because the release kept getting pushed back on the new one. I have them shipping to us on Tuesday of this upcoming week.

We can install this on your suit as well as the permanent wrist system so you can utilize the silicon seals.
Si Tech Permanent Wrist Rings for Dry Gloves - Dive Right In Scuba - Plainfield, IL

Feel free to PM if you have any questions or post them here. I have the silicon wrists coming in right around the same time :wink:

I'm glad to hear it's finally here! I sent a PM and hope to try this system out soon.

DIRS, do you have any sense of whether the wrist seal rings are going to work with seal-mounted dry glove systems like the Viking?

DIRS, do you have any sense of whether the wrist seal rings are going to work with seal-mounted dry glove systems like the Viking?

Well, it would still work, but it will get really bulky at the wrist seals. You do have 3 options though if you have the permanent system installed:
---http://www.diverightinscuba.com/catalog/permanent-wrist-rings-gloves-p-2703.html

- You can use either the Glovelock with the permanent rings, which mates up behind the ring system and makes it kind of disappear
---http://www.diverightinscuba.com/catalog/glove-lock-glove-system-p-2494.html

- If you install the permanent rings, you can buy the rubber pullover gloves, pull them over the installed permanent rings, and that would be your dryglove system. The gloves being stretched over the rings acts like an o-ring keeping your hands dry. It's simple, effective, and the only failure point is ripping a glove and for $10 have some more in your save a dive kit.
---http://www.diverightinscuba.com/catalog/pullover-rubber-gloves-glove-system-p-2711.html

- If you already have a pullover dryglove system, you can cut your wrist seals off, glue them into the suit...and they act like the permanent ring system. You can change out the wrist seals and also use the pullover rubber gloves as drygloves.
---http://www.diverightinscuba.com/catalog/rubber-pullover-glove-rings-p-2704.html

- Or add the permanent rings then add your existing system onto the seals.....again, the biggest issue is that it will get pretty bulky around the wrist with all of that there.

I bought all that they had available....a whooping 6 are coming to the shop. Get yours while they last. Buy it online, and you will have one of the first available and it will ship when they are in stock

How can one make these work with the Si Tech QCP dry glove system?

i.e. I want to wear dry gloves and have quick change seals.

an inexpensive option to replace neck seals at the dive site in 5 minutes with no glue

It's been almost four months since I first heard about the new Neck Tite system by Si Tech in April 2010 through casual mention, but I couldn’t find one at my LDS or online. That's when I started this thread and after much research and solicitation I was fortunate to get my hands on a system, for which I am grateful.

The product is simple and cleanly designed: it’s got a flat bottom and top with smooth surfaces. It is constructed of quality rubber & plastic type materials that are firm yet flexible and should last the life time of my suit.

Best of all once the system is installed, there is no more glue involved in changing out a seal, only a yellow spanner ring to hold it in place. This makes dive site exchange possible and creates the option for silicone seals which are desired for their durability, no latex alergic reaction, and ease of use (no talc needed to slide in/out). Because silicone does not adhere well w/ glue, it’s never been an option until now.

Repeat: No more glue, no more talc, more durable seal, & dive site replaceable… Ok now I’m really interested.

One concern I had was that the ring system was the same diameter of the stitching of my current seal and neoprene neck warmer that I wanted to keep; it was going to be difficult to install without removing the neck warmer. Not taking chances, I sent it to dry suit repair extraordinaire Steve Gamble of Gamble Scuba in Gainesville, Florida. He installed it perfectly, permanently gluing the system from the inside (top side Aquasealed), just barely inside the neck warmer. He did mention that getting the ring started in the groove is difficult, but once in was confident it would hold.

After getting the suit back I was concerned that I might experience the discomfort of the system itself lying under the harness while diving as I’ve heard is a problem with other ring systems, including this ones predecessor. The reality is that the bottom lies flat, even and smooth with the suit, and the small diameter ring is just big enough to go over my large head, yet narrow enough to lie between my shoulder harness. No ring discomfort, period.

I’ve now got three dives w/ the new system and zero problems. Head barely fits, but it does fit. No leaks. The system is not noticeable under the harness; in fact I’m not sure if it’s even under the harness.:idk:

So, I can now swap out my seals on site and use silicone seals when they come out.
Did I mention the system is less than $100!*
After that, just buy the seals($30) and replace yourself... even at the dive site :cool2:

Outstanding and thank you Si Tech
!:cool3:

To find (or become) a Si Tech dealer, contact the North American Distributor at www.oceanequipment.ca

Last edited:
Great writeup. We have had them and been installing them for months. Not many dealers want to mess with Drysuit repair...so you don't see this in a lot of stores. It is a sweet system that is really generating a lot of interest and getting installed on many suits. :wink:

Be careful with the silicon neck seals right now. They have had some QC issues with inconsistent molding that will cause it to rip prematurely or under little stress. We have yet to stock them to to early issues with production and QC.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom