Shearwater Teric issue

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mattspiral8

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hey guys,

So my wifes teric got all funky after our dive. At first it was a small black spot in the middle of the screen and got progressively worse, now can barely see anything. Anybody had this issue before and Will shearwater cover this repair if its already out of its warranty years?
I contacted shearwater, they mentioned that they will look at it and see if it is an issue that they can just repair under warranty. I did read somewhere that this is a known issue for terics and that shearwater fixes these type of issue for free even when out of warranty.

2E1F45AC-B727-4294-BB0D-FC9C73473EEF.jpeg
E5BDD08B-77D2-40C0-B2F4-75CFF2944158.jpeg

Contact Dive Tronics, Richard is the service tech for Shearwater US and is a great guy. I'm sure he will be able to help you.

Contact Dive Tronics, Richard is the service tech for Shearwater US and is a great guy. I'm sure he will be able to help you.
As he already contacted Shearwater, they’ll do an RMA and then DiveTronix will reach out with instructions for return. I’d bet they’ll cover the repair even if out of warranty!

As he already contacted Shearwater, they’ll do an RMA and then DiveTronix will reach out with instructions for return. I’d bet they’ll cover the repair even if out of warranty!
He should take it to the shearwater smart bar.

I dropped my Teric and the screen did something just like that. It's going to need service so go ahead and send it in.

I dropped my Teric and the screen did something just like that. It's going to need service so go ahead and send it in.
Got a reply from DiveTronix and stated that it is an uncommon issue and will likely be out of pocket repair. Did you have to pay for your repair or was it under warranty?
3BEC6E23-89A5-4E25-8ECD-6C783FFA3F00.jpeg

My screen failure was not caused by trauma, the repair was covered under warranty. They did inquire about that possibility. Mine started with a few vertical lines on the screen and rapidly increase to include nearly the entire screen

My screen failure was not caused by trauma, the repair was covered under warranty. They did inquire about that possibility. Mine started with a few vertical lines on the screen and rapidly increased to include nearly the entire screen
That appears to be a different sort of failure than the one pictured above.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom