Service cost

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ZzzKing

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
None - Not Certified
I recently acquired a US Divers Conshelf 21 for use as a backup reg. I immediately took it in for servicing as I had no idea how long ago or how well it had been taken care of in the past. My LDS charged $60 for the service and about $40 more for parts. Does this sound in line with what you all are paying? Servicing included first stage, second stage and octo. Thanks for the input.

Sounds a little pricey to me. $60 sounds more in line with the average.

about the same as here, maybe even a bit less.

The markup on the parts is about right as the dealer cost would be almost $30.00.

The labor charge is basically $20.00 per stage which is more expensive than some but cheaper than others. Even $25.00 per stage would not be considered excessive.

A slight hijack here.

How many dives on a regulator (new) before service is recommended?

Thanks!

Sasquatch:
A slight hijack here.

How many dives on a regulator (new) before service is recommended?

Thanks!

Alot depends on the type of enviroment you are diving,,,eqpt. manf. and shops recomm. an annual tune up,,,this may have to be more often if you dive salt water alot. Remember even regs that get little use go bad by not being used,,,,so have them serviced at least once a year.

The price sounds about right to me.

As far as how many dives before service? I say annually. At least a checkup and cleaning. If under warranty then parts are free, if not then parts as needed as recommedned by the technician (usually about every other year).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom