Service cost

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

we charge $45.labor for 1/2 stage + parts..$15. for octopus..+ parts..under warranty n/c on parts

Thanks to all for the input. I paid $45 for the regs and $100 for the annual service seemed high but sounds like it is pretty much in line with most. Obviously a recent acquisition of long out of production regs would indicate no free parts for life. :(

ZzzKing:
My LDS charged $60 for the service and about $40 more for parts. Does this sound in line with what you all are paying? Servicing included first stage, second stage and octo. Thanks for the input.

The problem with this question is how well do you know the LDS and they know you. My regs don't cost a thing. If you're a regular they might give you a break or they might not.
Its not a bad price. You also have to look at the availablity of parts for a particular reg.

diveman7683:
The problem with this question is how well do you know the LDS and they know you. My regs don't cost a thing. If you're a regular they might give you a break or they might not.
Its not a bad price. You also have to look at the availablity of parts for a particular reg.

Don't know them real well. Just shopped there for odds and ends so far. They've been in the business for a long time and seem very customer oriented, however. So far I like them okay and anticipate doing more business with them in the future. Maybe by next year I'll be a "regular" and get a little break.

One funny note: upon bringing the regs in and setting them on the counter, the guy glances out of the corner of his eye and askes if I am looking for some equipment from THIS century... :D

Parts availability for Conshelfs seems to not be a problem. The rebuild kit for the first stage is the same as that for the Aqualung Titan which is still being produced. The second stage kit doesn't consist of much more than a couple of o-rings and is the same for a large number of US Divers regs so probably isn't a concern, either.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom