Outrageous cost to service reg

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

everything is expensive now with inflation. you can learn to self service to save a few bucks, but atomic kits are going to be more expensive, no way around it. at least if you seal it yourself, you can opt to use something cheaper than christolube to seal it.

Your loyalty often blinds you to reality. Here are the contents of the Atomic first stage kit. Does this look like $50?

atomic-first-stage-j-seat__41477.1367864603.500.750.jpg
Ok, I tell you what, why don’t you figure out each size (exactly), the material and the durometer of each and every one of those O-rings and buy them somewhere (BTW, you won’t get those at Home Depot), then you’ll need to source the filters somewhere, then source a high pressure seat or have a machine shop make you one. I see some bushings in there too.
Then get back to us with how much time you got into it and how much you spent.

Diving is a very expensive sport that attracts the cheapest sons of bitches in the world.

So you wait until an issues develops at the most inconvenient time to service it?? This is just way too much fish manure. Totally irresponsible.
For a diver that is averaging a dive every week to every other week I would suggest they knew what their regs are doing. I would also say with confidence that they would recognize when a fine reg like the Apeks is starting to misbehave. Breathing poorly or wet doesn't often happen out of nowhere. If they're cleaning and doing post dive care then the regs will be fine for more than an annual or semi annual service cycle. On top of that the alternative is selling the reg set and now renting a sub par kit.

Stop screaming death anytime someone says to avoid unnecessary maintenance and waste.

Back
Top Bottom