Seriously PADI, whiskey tango foxtrot?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Use your certification number. Seems like that is what a shop would look up, at least.
If I have a certification number, I have a card and hopefully it would be the relevant one.
I also sent an email to PADI a while back to have them consolidate all my certs under a single name. (Like many others, I had a few variants.) A couple days later it was all good.
Not a bad idea.
So, what is your explanation?
Allow me to put on my tin foil hat. Well isn't it obvious that PADI is an evil empire and since I could not be assimilated, they are set to destroy me from the world of diving.

Okay before people accuse me of bashing PADI, I'm completely joking here.

Just now, I did look up 3 numbers from my stack of cards. One didn't come up, the other two did bring up my name, but with the date of 27. I entered that in, and most of my con ed courses popped up.

That is rather strange (opinion). The dates are my cards are correct. I have no explanation how it changed from 23 to 27. None whatsoever.

If I have a certification number, I have a card and hopefully it would be the relevant one.

Not a bad idea.

Allow me to put on my tin foil hat. Well isn't it obvious that PADI is an evil empire and since I could not be assimilated, they are set to destroy me from the world of diving.

Okay before people accuse me of bashing PADI, I'm completely joking here.

Just now, I did look up 3 numbers from my stack of cards. One didn't come up, the other two did bring up my name, but with the date of 27. I entered that in, and most of my con ed courses popped up.

That is rather strange (opinion). The dates are my cards are correct. I have no explanation how it changed from 23 to 27. None whatsoever.
The cards also pop up if you start with your name and enter the incorrect DOB. A call to PADI can get it all corrected.

The cards also pop up if you start with your name and enter the incorrect DOB. A call to PADI can get it all corrected.
And they then get a new grip on you and the assimilation begins all over again. Resistance is futile.

I'm in the "show a picture of my card" camp. If a shop doesn't like it, they can verify with PADI. If they refuse to do that, I'm walking across the street to their competitor.

The cards also pop up if you start with your name and enter the incorrect DOB.
Well according to PADI, 23 is incorrect, and it didn't pop up.
A call to PADI can get it all corrected.
If other people wish to do so, they can. I only show my rebreather card as a one size fits all.

Well according to PADI, 23 is incorrect, and it didn't pop up.
If you are trying to be funny, it didn't work. If you are serious, you need help.

If you are trying to be funny, it didn't work. If you are serious, you need help.
I'm not trying to be funny as you said:
as I entered my name, my DOB that is incorrect according to PADI and it did not pop up. So you are wrong. Did you hit your head recently? Mel, we are not the best of friends but you are being needlessly sensitive and confrontational. There's no controversy here. the PADI database somehow got corrupted as I have looked up my name in the past with the correct DOB and entries popped up.

Given that I place zero value in all of my PADI certification/pro cards, I'm not going to call them to rectify this. I'll never show proof of any of my PADI certifications. There is a problem that some people may face. It is ironic that this affects someone who despises the organization is one of them.

I'm not trying to be funny as you said:

as I entered my name, my DOB that is incorrect according to PADI and it did not pop up. So you are wrong. Did you hit your head recently? Mel, we are not the best of friends but you are being needlessly sensitive and confrontational. There's no controversy here. the PADI database somehow got corrupted as I have looked up my name in the past with the correct DOB and entries popped up.

Given that I place zero value in all of my PADI certification/pro cards, I'm not going to call them to rectify this. I'll never show proof of any of my PADI certifications. There is a problem that some people may face. It is ironic that this affects someone who despises the organization is one of them.
When I enter your name and 27 Jan 71 as your DOB, your cards pop up.
1658863287791.png

When I enter your name and 27 Jan 71 as your DOB, your cards pop up.
I wrote this. So what you are telling me in post #82 is that you did exactly what I said I did in post #81. Thanks Mel! (now I'm being sarcastic, just to be clear, but only because you are being needlessly argumentative).

I wrote this. So what you are telling me in post #82 is that you did exactly what I said I did in post #81. Thanks Mel! (now I'm being sarcastic, just to be clear, but only because you are being needlessly argumentative).
Who is arguing? I agree, your cards are there. But your DOB is wrong, so you say. I really don't care if you fix it with PADI or not, but it seems to disturb you so why not get it fixed?

Back
Top Bottom