Seriously PADI, whiskey tango foxtrot?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

More likely is that your DOB is wrong in the PADI files, having been entered incorrectly by an instructor.
That obviously wasn't the case for me
May not be the case for BRT.

I'd just put some packing tape or other laminate material on the card to keep it from wearing any more and go diving!
That’s ultimately what I did, but the face that shows “Rescue Diver” in gold colored print is mostly gone after 22 years. No mention on the back of the cert level, which is perfectly legible, just that I met the standards for it.

Yep......Same thing for me... I guess PADI needs to figure out their issue with the gold ink on these cards.... My original card was lost several years ago along with everything else in my wallet so I got a replacement and the gold ink is already wearing off.... Oh well...... I have it covered with packing tape now so that should help the wearing..... To be honest.... I rarely ever show my plastic as my e-card on my phone is always there and never been questioned...

wBmZtNc.jpg

lctAZcV.png

BSAC
You have an individual membership number, so while you do get a card for most qualifications they are all linked to a "common" number (with exception of some instructor qualifications).

E-cards via app - Free (essentially I log in as me, and it gives a list of all my qualifications they have on file for me)
Physical Replacement for current members - £12.50 (roughly $15)
For non current members there are 2 options, become a member again and get a replacement card for £81 ($95 ish) or just get a replacement for £86 ($105 ish).

Individual membership costs £62.50-£72.50/year depending on method for most non instructors.

That being said, they all just go into a big plastic card wallet and with my other agency ones and they rarely see daylight. Most UK operators dive operators are less "dive centre" and more "I'll drop you at the agreed site and call the coastguard if your not back by a set time"

Oh this has been fun. And I will never replace a PADI card.
Put my info in, I know I got 2 cards through them over the years. There records only show one. Apparently I did a deep diver years ago, but it isn't valid anymore. I can reactivate it, after I take a class again.

From PADI:
"Please select the certification card you would like replaced once you complete both academic and in-water skills. Upon finishing the in-water portion of the ReActivate program, your PADI Instructor will confirm the certification level and process your certification card. If you decide to change the certification level, you may do so prior to the Instructor submitting your certification information."

I'll keep my TDI cards

Glad I read this before contacting PADI about a replacement for my AOW card issued in 1993. The original started fading by about '95 or '96 and by 2000 had reached a stage where you could see that there used to be an image on it, but I may look like Casper the Friendly Ghost! Apparently they had a problem with their printing back then but of course never made good on their error in operation. All of the printing is still crisp and clear, so I just take along a picture ID (passport card) and dare anyone to refuse me!
🐸

Glad I read this before contacting PADI about a replacement for my AOW card issued in 1993. The original started fading by about '95 or '96 and by 2000 had reached a stage where you could see that there used to be an image on it, but I may look like Casper the Friendly Ghost! Apparently they had a problem with their printing back then but of course never made good on their error in operation. All of the printing is still crisp and clear, so I just take along a picture ID (passport card) and dare anyone to refuse me!
🐸

I would just superimpose a picture of Kermit on your card and be done with it.

I put a photo of Arnold Schwarzenegger on an old card years ago and it was ages before anyone noticed, my photo was still ok, just wanted to see if anyone noticed.
Such fun, the guy that did notice, did a double take, then broke out laughing, I kept it on for a few years.
It only proved to me some people don't really look at the card.

Including labor, supplies and postage, that's probably a 500% markup.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom