Seriously PADI, whiskey tango foxtrot?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thunder Struck

Contributor
Divemaster
Reaction score
Sippin' cholla juice under the shade of a mesquite
Went to the PADI site to see what it would cost to order a replacement c-card since the printing on mine is rubbing off.

Fifty dollars!?!?!?!?

Ten bucks I can see as reasonable. $20 is overpriced. But for $50 to replace a C-card, or, worse yet, to simply get a digital c-card, is completely out of line. And if you want a digital version of three cards to cover all your diving needs, say, Advanced/Rescue, Deep, and Nitrox, it's $150.

Although I've seen some dive center web sites state they don't accept digital cards. They want to see plastic. Apparently to accomodate this PADI has a deal: a physical card and a digital e-card for $64. Per cert of course.

What is the rationale for this?

Maybe PADI should change to PABI--Put Another Benjamin In.

As Above ^^^ $.
Not as bad [close though].
This from the NAUI site.
Don't know what others charge.
Standard Replacement Card(s) (Upload a photo at www.core.naui.org) $45.00
Digital Card(s) (Upload a photo at www.core.naui.org) $20.00
Replacement Certificate $26.00
Digital Bundle (Plastic + Digital Card) $50.00

Put Another Dollar In, PADI have always been great and squeezing money out of its divers

--deleted-- morning brain fog...!

Went to the PADI site to see what it would cost to order a replacement c-card since the printing on mine is rubbing off.
LOL. Take better care of your card. they are expensive.

I have all of my C cards scanned and printed out on A4 laminated paper ..... just in case .... as I rarely carry the originals with me when I'm traveling.

However, I'm sure if you've scanned a C-Card you should be able to print it out using one of these card machines that companies use for ID cards, if you have the right software.

Edited to add:

Card printer cost around USD1,000 where I live, so probably not a practical thing for an individual. Blank cards are around $20 for 100, but if you have access to a company machine or a group of people like in a dive club purchase one, then that could be a better idea.

However, there may be copyright issues if using an agency logo such as PADI, NAUI etc.

Unless the operator has no access to internet or not an accredited centre.

It used to be possible to check your own qualification with PADI on line.
But the quoted link does not work anymore.

There is no reason to put another dollar in.

Just looked at NSS-CDS and they are at $25

Back
Top Bottom