Seriously PADI, whiskey tango foxtrot?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SSI digital cards are free and issued with certification.
A lot of cards are "fee" to the student because the instructor/shop includes the fee with the cost of the class. I have to pay for each certification card I issue, but I include that cost in the course fees.

A lot of cards are "fee" to the student because the instructor/shop includes the fee with the cost of the class. I have to pay for each certification card I issue, but I include that cost in the course fees.
As an SSI OWI I can assure you that SSI digital cards are free (obviously the course has a cost but the card is not added and hidden in the back by the shop or instructor). It is part of the certification process, that when I certify a student that I issue them a digital card. One of the biggest reasons I like being affiliated with SSI not PADI is they don't try to nickel and dime their students or instructors...... Last I knew if PADI updated a course, instructors had to buy new instructor material. If a course is updated and a PADI student wanted a version of the latest material, PADI would charge them for it. I don't know for sure but I believe that is still the case. If SSI updates a course any instructor has access to the update for free. When courses are updated any student who has taken that course automatically has the newest and latest materials available on their app and account.

As an SSI OWI I can assure you that SSI digital cards are free (obviously the course has a cost but the card is not added and hidden in the back by the shop or instructor). It is part of the certification process, that when I certify a student that I issue them a digital card. One of the biggest reasons I like being affiliated with SSI not PADI is they don't try to nickel and dime their students or instructors...... Last I knew if PADI updated a course, instructors had to buy new instructor material. If a course is updated and a PADI student wanted a version of the latest material, PADI would charge them for it. I don't know for sure but I believe that is still the case. If SSI updates a course any instructor has access to the update for free. When courses are updated any student who has taken that course automatically has the newest and latest materials available on their app and account.
Which is why a book is so much better. It doesn’t expire nor demand upgrade fees.

Which is why a book is so much better. It doesn’t expire nor demand upgrade fees.
Did you miss the part where SSI provides continued access for upgraded material? For free.

Did you miss the part where SSI provides continued access for upgraded material? For free.
I took the name of the thread about the avaricious PADI organisation which sees customers only as an income stream.

I mean...... when I get on a flippn airplane all I have to do is either show the boarding passon my phone or show one that I just printed at home on my cheap ass printer... If that's good enough to fly then it should be good enough for anyone to get an air fill or a boat-ride to a dive spot...

I totally prefer the e-card......but when I travel I still keep a paper print out of any needed certs... Usually I just show a pic of an AOW and NITROX cert and never been questioned..

Here's a screenshot of what comes up on my phone when I open the PADI app.

lctAZcV.png
Explicit instrictions from PADI state “no hats or sunglasses” in your card pic. I’m afraid that invalidates your card. :stirpot:

I just tried it and when I enter my birthdate in the format they want it says invalid date. Maybe a diver can't be born in 1955?

Edit:The format shows DD/MM/YYYY but it only accepts MM/DD/YYYY. Obviously we are not paying enough for a real coder.
More likely is that your DOB is wrong in the PADI files, having been entered incorrectly by an instructor.

Let’s be honest. The entire PADI online system especially from a shop data input perspective looks like it was designed by a ENIAC programmer who couldn’t make the cut. The PIC system is a classic model of poor design. About the least user friendly interface I’ve ever seen. A total joke.

Let’s be honest. The entire PADI online system especially from a shop data input perspective looks like it was designed by a ENIAC programmer who couldn’t make the cut. The PIC system is a classic model of poor design. About the least user friendly interface I’ve ever seen. A total joke.
That's a common problem even with large businesses. I'm guessing at some point after registering a domain, they got spammed by a "web developer" from some third world country who would design (or redesign) their site for $50. That guy then subcontracted with his teenage son for $25, and the kid made the site.

spammer:
Hi,

I just wanted to check in and see if you are happy with your website right now or if there are things you’d like to change.

Do you have any upgrades that you’ve been thinking about making, or possibly a website redesign/rebuild?

We are very professional web developer and we have created some pretty amazing sites.

Kindly let me know if you're interested in Organic Website Services, then I can send you our price list, past work and Company info.

Thanks,

Carileph

Web Consultant “India”
If that isn't tempting, Carileph doesn't know what is.

That's a common problem even with large businesses. I'm guessing at some point after registering a domain, they got spammed by a "web developer" from some third world country who would design (or redesign) their site for $50. That guy then subcontracted with his teenage son for $25, and the kid made the site.
That may have been true 15 years ago. They’ve made no attempt since then to even try and improve it one iota.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom