Second Annual? Rocky Mountain Oyster get-together.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rockymtndiver:
Hi all! My husband and I are fairly new divers (~1 year), but longtime Colorado residents.

Does this group have meetings, or just gather for diving as folks have time?

It's nice to find a group of Colorado divers!

Nice to find you!

We don't have any formal meetings or anything--this is our meeting hall.

If you want to talk about a specific topic that you can't find here, just start a new thread and you will have convened a meeting.

Some RMO's are getting together at the Blue Mesa.

However it would appear that there are only a few going (I'm not sure if I can make that) and I think it may be nice to plan something closer to Denver that would not involve an entire weekend.

Is there interest in this?

Anyone have any thoughts?

RonFrank:

However it would appear that there are only a few going (I'm not sure if I can make that) and I think it may be nice to plan something closer to Denver that would not involve an entire weekend.

I would be interested the weekend of August 19.

Check out the Blue Mesa Bash thread.
Its postponed until some time in September.

Either a front range or Blue Hole get together sounds like the ticket.

RonFrank:

Ron,

We are running out of summer. Let's get something going near by. Your the great organizer. :wink: Charlieo and I dove Aurora last weekend. I don't recommend there. Vis was the worst I have seen there. Maybe a mountain lake??

ddavies:
Ron,

We are running out of summer. Let's get something going near by. Your the great organizer. :wink: Charlieo and I dove Aurora last weekend. I don't recommend there. Vis was the worst I have seen there. Maybe a mountain lake??

Charlieo and I did Jefferson, in a word, LowVis.

If you want better diving the only spot that I have not tried that is a reasonable drive from Denver is Turquoise lake. I have not dove it, but I hear it's generally in the 30' range.

Anyone have comments on Turquoise?

Rocky Mtn Diving center is having an annual event there in Labour day, but it's a bit expensive for what it is.

What do others think? Maybe we just get together somewhere cool for a BBQ, swimming, boating (if someone has a boat), and whatever?

I'll be happy to organize something, but it's kinda nice to know if there is interest before doing so.

I've been diving in Turquoise twice. Both times I had good vis. I'm willing to take a weekday trip to Jefferson to see if vis has improved if Jefferson is on the short list of places to go.

All my weekends are booked (bad news) for instruction or vacation (good news), until September 9.

Maybe the rains will let up, and the viz at Blue Mesa will have improved by then.

They lower the resevoir level in September, the nights are cooler, which equals less algae growth, and the rains have usually stopped, with indian summer kicking in.

I will definitely be heading to Blue Mesa, and Crested Butte, from Fort Collins, in September, whether there is an official "bash" or not!

Those interested should stay in touch.

Has anyone thought about Red Feather Lakes, Flaming Gorge, Grand Lake, Lake San Cristobal, Rio Grande Res near Creede?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom