Second Annual? Rocky Mountain Oyster get-together.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

knotical

perpetual student
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
At DAN Denver Divers's Day, Wijbrandus and I accepted direction from Mrs W. to organize another get-together.

I hereby solicit RMOs to suggest date(s) and location(s).

Personally, I am not available before the second weekend in July, so I'd prefer then or later.

I just talked with one of our instructors who was at Aurora two weekends ago. He said the water is up to within about 20 feet of the picnic tables, essentially no beach, so a short walk. The plane was in 30 feet of water. So Aurora sounds like a candidate location, to me. Wijbrandus had suggested Chatfield as another option (but without much enthusiasm).

What are your thoughts and preferences ?

I am up for another get-together. Aurora works for me. I have a class I think July 10. I will confirm that and get back to you. I believe Ron said he is gone the first couple of weeks in July. I believe that means the 15th or after works.

I'm up for after the 22nd of July, say the 29th. My dad is popping into town the weekend of the 7th, so that's out., and I'll be out of town the weekend of the 22nd. I could even do 4th of July weekend, but I know that's going to be popular family time.

I believe I'm free most of the weekends after 29 July. Will depend on what the Mrs. has to say as we start settling on a date.

Would be nice to dive somewhere where you can't reach out past the vis. :p

ddavies:
I am up for another get-together. Aurora works for me. I have a class I think July 10. I will confirm that and get back to you. I believe Ron said he is gone the first couple of weeks in July. I believe that means the 15th or after works.

Duh! I have a family reunion the weekend of the 22nd. I have family coming in from all across the country. That eliminates that weekend for me.

Would love to dive with the locals and meet some new potential dive buddies! I'm open just about anytime..... starting a new job at the Downtown Aquarium, so if I'm not working, I would like to attend!

pete

Just schedule it and I'll try and be there; I can be pre-empted at any point in time, so it doesn't make sense to work around any pseudo "schedule" I have...

Roak

My vote is for mid - August or later.
The convenience of Aurora res is appealing, but maybe we can find something that offers a little better diving.
We will be diving Red Feather Lakes, near Fort Collins, next week, and we can report on the conditions after that. There are tons of camping spots, picnic tables, etc, up there, but at this point I don't know about the quality of the diving.

This is NOT where we are going on Friday for our "Grail" dive!!

I'm out of town from July 8th through July 16th. Most any other weekend will work for me. Either Aurora or Chatfield would be fine.

charlieo, are those the steps at Ginnie in your avatar?

Roak

Back
Top Bottom