seawing nova on backorder

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nflor001

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Lds says might be the end of october when they get them in. Need these fins for ow class in september and trip to curacao in november. Anyone know if your lds has them in stock?

Thanks

B&B Diving in Hillsville Pa has them and has had them. He is one of the oldest SP dealers in the country and gets all the new stuff first. But with the no on line sales BS that SP has don;t know if he'd ship them. Call and see at 724-667-9448. Bob is the guy you want to talk to. Could I ask why these fins? I'd choose jets over them.

Buying them based on positive reviews on the board. My girlfriend is getting the jets, so i wanted something different

Ok but are you going to like them? Buying a fin because it is different is not a wise way to do so. Will it be too flexible? Too stiff. Before I'd drop that much money on a new design I'd want to try it first.

I did not try them first but researched a ton. If you are new diver I would stay away from these fins. They are kind of floppy when you need to be dialed in for maneuvering and I still can't do a decent frog kick with them, plus they mess with your trim in shallow water because they are so buoyant. I think a new diver would be have trouble with the limited feedback and be flailing all over the place.

Saying that, they are the most comfortable, fast and efficient fins I have tried. I would go with a paddle fin like the Mares Quattros until you get more dives.

Just my two .02

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom