Scubapro Seawing hurting the top of my feet - alternatives?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well I gave it some thought and think I know what you are thinking so go now try some breathtaking dives

378 1dead525aec00aa61224d96eea62429e_2048X1152 (6).jpeg

and then go back to normal straps that fit everybody, really comfortably and don't need 1000psi to pull on

124.JPG

Just your foot in and click click click

and mares still persists with the caved in sides thing for decades

Hey BoltSnap, almost 100metres down, and more than a kilometre along, imagine before they built the boardwalk

You would slip down, and slide around, down on your bum, the wetsuit dude would ask what the heck I was doing

Yeah farmer Johns on, bcd on, with tank in, weight belt on, top of the wetsuit is through the chest strap with water

But I don't do stuff that torturous anymore I had a goodbye dive two years ago hey I used to live at the lighthouse

226.JPG

Today it's all by car and park on the edge of the water and hope the car is still there when I return, if

Wow! Those trekks look sketchy but beautiful! :D

Also, thanks for all the help guys, much appreciated!
What did you use to shove into the foot pocket to widen it??

I was at my local dive shop yesterday and tried on the novas in M and also tried on some other fins. Something, I didn't really do back when I first bought my Novas because I was pretty set on getting them.
Interestingly, the Novas in medium felt better but were ultimately too big. They were especially loose on the sides of my feet and my complete foot vanished into the foot pocket.

They did not have the bungees or compete straps there but can order them for me, should I choose to do so.

The thing is: I tried on a couple more fins and the ones that made the biggest difference were the Scubapro Go Sport with the open toes. It felt pretttty great, to be honest.
Their foot pocket is also much softer/more flexible and doesn't feel so rigid in top if my foot.

But the guy helping me said that they have much less propulsion and might not do well in currents. So that's something, I'll search the board for, to read others' experiences.

The offer a possibilty to test items in their pool but it would cost me 20€ per thing I test (will get that money taken into account, if I buy the thing). Don't even know if that makes sense when buying 100€ fins. But I'm also thinking about buying my first own bcd and I am looking at back inflate jackets but have only dived in rental traditional jackets so far. So maybe I just take the opportunity and test a bcd as well. At least then I only have to get into the pool once. :wink:

Do you have thick soled boots (like sneaker soles)?

View attachment 857622

After dealing a lot of students in Novas, thick soles can lead to foot pain even if the foot pockets are the right size in terms of length. The foot pocket material is very stiff. Heating and stretching might help but if you have the heavy duty style boot, the solution is probably either larger fins or thinner boots.
Unfortunately, I already use 3mm soft soled boots:
1724569527177.png

So not really anything to go down to, except maybe the boots tat don't have the thing rubber on to of the toes:
1724569560387.png

Not sure that would really make a difference, though.

Scubapro Go Sport with the open toes. It felt pretttty great, to be honest.
Their foot pocket is also much softer/more flexible and doesn't feel so rigid in top if my foot.

But the guy helping me said that they have much less propulsion and might not do well in currents. So that's something, I'll search the board for, to read others' experiences.

Scubapro has a stuffer version of the Go Sport, the Go Sport Gorilla.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom