Scuba Pro S tek fins

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

lexvil

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
S fins arrived today and I gave them a quick pool test even though my pool is getting cold fast 68°f so I used some thick sole booties 6.5mm with a lug type sole. I wore a 1 mm with a 3/2 shorty over it.

i won’t be back in the ocean for at least 10 days so I can’t say how well they will perform there but doing laps, switching with the super novas and even switched to one of each type. All I can really say is they do feel differently from one another with the super nova more comparable to the old Seawing gorilla but more stable and the S feeling more like my Zeagle recons.
IMG_8500.jpeg

the blade has fewer winglets etc. so will have to see how well the maneuver while actually diving.

Where did you get those orange straps at? All I can find are the normal black ones.

I replaced the original bungee with orange bungee, I posted some basic howto a while back, at the beginning of the year. I’ll look for a link and post it here when/if I find it.

post 66 in the Seawing Super Nova thread

Some additional pictures, next to a GO fin (not GoSport) it not much longer but they pack better since they come apart.
IMG_8502.jpeg

next to a supernova, the S is a little shorter
IMG_8499.jpeg

weight of the supernove
IMG_8497.jpeg

weight of the S
IMG_8496.jpeg

the S is negative in the pool, barely so I wonder how negative it will be in the salty stuff (should be there next Sunday) with both plates still on the fin they sunk but rested with the tip on the bottom standing vertical.

Some additional pictures, next to a GO fin (not GoSport) it not much longer but they pack better since they come apart.
View attachment 804218
next to a supernova, the S is a little shorterView attachment 804219

weight of the supernove
View attachment 804220
weight of the S
View attachment 804221

the S is negative in the pool, barely so I wonder how negative it will be in the salty stuff (should be there next Sunday) with both plates still on the fin they sunk but rested with the tip on the bottom standing vertical.

They would have looked much better if they were orange 🍊

They would have looked much better if they were orange 🍊
Sadly they will be orange one day, as soon as I can get the blades they “say” they will offer, thanks a lot for pointing out the option AFTER I bought these!
:wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom