Beating the “system”

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

So what do these things actually do? Maybe stiff'n up the tips or redirect water flow? Or are they like those fuel saving pod things that you stick on the back or your car?
They are there as stabilizers, the original nova fins would suffer blade wobble with anything but a straight kick, these help like the pods, not once has my car wobbled since trying them.

I thought as much, As you say "it doesn't make sense" .
I tried to buy a SP part from a well known overseas scuba store and I was not allowed to due to a Scubapro policy, I bought the same part at a fraction of the cost from India [with postage] :rolleyes: and arrived in quick time also.
That’s interesting! Because when I was shopping for my reg sets after lockdown everything SP in India had RUP (ridiculous US pricing), while the EU shops online had the same stuff for easily 30% less. Wonder how you got anything SP cheaper! IIRC, The pricing for US is still certainly off the charts compared to EU and TBH Americanos are better served by their reputed local brands. I had an on-off “hi-what’s-new-bye!” WhatsApp conversation with a local dealer for almost a whole year before he caved in and I got my reg set at the EU pricing finally! That too because the lockdown had killed his business and he was desperate to generate some turnover.
Am I wrong or are these fin skegs available in most colors, maybe not orange. Who cares about colors?
Someone commented that in a boat full of divers using the same fins they can potentially become unique identifiers… but there are only so many variations so hand painting your fins might be better. I ran a permanent silver marker over the “GO” in my GoSports and the Silver is still holding on after 80dives with them.

That’s interesting! Because when I was shopping for my reg sets after lockdown everything SP in India had RUP (ridiculous US pricing),
This was for parts for a SP Hydros Pro BC , I have 2 , one I bought very cheap new, missing a few small items, the only place I could find them was India, and they were cheap, I found I could have sourced them here for 3 times the price and 3 times longer for them to arrive.
Pure luck, did a search, and there they were. :checkbox:
And they sent me a few spares.

I have been on sites in India , just looking, and you are right, everything else SP is expensive.

The Skegs also cost 3x more in the US, $17 on Amazon and about $5 for the rest of the world. I would have just bought them here but they won’t/don’t sell orange.

SportDiver_20240224_073717.jpeg

Funny ... I was toying with with the idea of ordering some yellow blades (fiscal prudence overcame the thought) from a Spanish source and was going to order some "extra" orange skegs for a surprise. :cheers:

I guess it’s true, having to live in NJ makes people unable to appreciate the finer things in life.
Nah. Curmudgeons in every state.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom