Question User reviews on Scubapro Super Nova Seawing fins?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BORG

Contributor
Reaction score
Tucker, Georgia, just northeast of Atlanta
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi guys,
I saw my first pair of Scubapro Super Nova Seawing fins at my LDS recently. The manager has used them on several dives and raves about them. But his job is to sell me a pair of them. Lol.

For any of you that have them, how do you like them on your dives?

Thanks!

Bought a pair, all excited about the swappable foot pocket. Which are a great idea. Unfortunately I found the fins incredibly floaty, I ended up needing a half kilo weight on each ankle to stay horizontal. I've changed to the Apeks RK3 HD which are working better for me. YMMV.

I do not think these fins are intended for cold water use.

Probably fine for warm water, recreational use.

I owned a pair and they didn’t last long. Quality of materials was fine but suitability for more advanced diver inputs was not.

You’ll overdrive them as you gain experience (and definitely in any technical diving configuration).

Bought a pair, all excited about the swappable foot pocket. Which are a great idea. Unfortunately I found the fins incredibly floaty, I ended up needing a half kilo weight on each ankle to stay horizontal. I've changed to the Apeks RK3 HD which are working better for me. YMMV.

I got mine about 2 months ago, no problem with them at all in anyway. The best SP fins I have ever used, bar none.

I owned a pair and they didn’t last long. Quality of materials was fine but suitability for more advanced dicer inputs was not

These fins just came out few months ago, how long ago did you get yours?

You’ll overdrive them as you gain experience (and definitely in any technical diving configuration).

I don't think that you are talking about the same fins subject of this thread.

Because they are buoyant and contribute to floaty feet and legs. And heavy exposure gear itself is buoyant already. A dry suit can trap air in the legs and ankles as well. There are strategies to combat and offset those things like gaiters and ankle weights. But another simpler solution is negatively buoyant fins like good old Jet Fins. YRMV.

These fins were just released on the market, how could anyone have used them enough to wear them out?

Because they are buoyant and contribute to floaty feet and legs. And heavy exposure gear itself is buoyant already. A dry suit can trap air in the legs and ankles as well. There are strategies to combat and offset those things like gaiters and ankle weights. But another simpler solution is negatively buoyant fins like good old Jet Fins. YRMV.

I think that your assessment is too early. I am working on a report on the fins. I am comparing them with fins from others manufacturers and models (AL, Mares, Go Sport, Atomic). I even swam with one supernova and one Go Sport on the other foot. Going to be doing lots of swimming in the pool with all of these fins in the coming weeks.

These fins were just released on the market, how could anyone have used them enough to wear them out?

That I want to know for sure.

I have use Go Sport fins with my drysuit often with no gaiters or ankle weights. Buoyant fins bugged me at first but now I like them.

I look forward to trying the super novas during the winter. I like the idea of changeable foot pockets.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom