Question User reviews on Scubapro Super Nova Seawing fins?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

edit: Reading comprehension, please ignore.

I have them (Seawing Nova) and really like them. They have very good flutter-kick propulsion. Although I do have trouble making them do a good frog-kick or reverse-kick. I haven't tried the Gorilla version yet, which may do those kicks better.

A minor gripe is that the full-foot fin is half the price of the boot/scuba version. You can certainly use the full-foot for SCUBA, although I do really prefer diving with dive-boots.

I have them and really like them. They have very good flutter-kick propulsion. Although I do have trouble making them do a good frog-kick or reverse-kick. I haven't tried the Gorilla version yet, which may do those kicks better.

A minor gripe is that the full-foot fin is half the price of the boot/scuba version. You can certainly use the full-foot for SCUBA, although I do really prefer diving with dive-boots.

Are you describing the Nova or Super Nova?

I have them and really like them. They have very good flutter-kick propulsion. Although I do have trouble making them do a good frog-kick or reverse-kick. I haven't tried the Gorilla version yet, which may do those kicks better.

This thread is about the new Scubapro Seawing Supernova Fin, is this what you are talking about or are you talking about the old Seawing Nova Fin?

I want to try them but… $300 o_O

although I just saw that Jets are at $265.

I just tried super novas with full foot on a dozen of dives. It is my new favorite fin! They are not as powerful as my XL novas , but compensate well in all all other kicks, including back finning. Frog kick (my preferred anyways) is great. Flutter is great. Feels good all around. The modular system is great. I can do full foot no boots for warm water and switch over to a boot pocket if I want to wear boots…
As happy-diver says - magnificent! :)

I have never seen let alone used Supernova fins. I was told by my LDS (a big SP dealer) that to change blades or foot pockets, there is a clip which must be removed and then reattached when making these changes. Hence, if one loses/breaks a clip(s), the fin(s) are useless.

Also according to the LDS, SP does not sell replacement clips. For those who have/sell Supernovas, is this accurate?

I have never seen let alone used Supernova fins. I was told by my LDS (a big SP dealer) that to change blades or foot pockets, there is a clip which must be removed and then reattached when making these changes. Hence, if one loses/breaks a clip(s), the fin(s) are useless.

Also according to the LDS, SP does not sell replacement clips. For those who have/sell Supernovas, is this accurate?
My bet is they will give you one if you break or lose it, having the ability to buy a spare would be a good thing though.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom