Question User reviews on Scubapro Super Nova Seawing fins?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hence, if one loses/breaks a clip(s), the fin(s) are useless.

Also according to the LDS, SP does not sell replacement clips. For those who have/sell Supernovas, is this accurate?
This isn't correct at all.

First, it will be very difficult to lose or break them, not more so than the standard fin strap buckles. Second, you can buy spares very easily. I bought spares no problem and they aren't too expensive.

I just tried super novas with full foot on a dozen of dives. It is my new favorite fin! They are not as powerful as my XL novas , but compensate well in all all other kicks, including back finning. Frog kick (my preferred anyways) is great. Flutter is great. Feels good all around. The modular system is great. I can do full foot no boots for warm water and switch over to a boot pocket if I want to wear boots…
As happy-diver says - magnificent! :)
Hi!
Thank you for your complete feedback.
I currently have beuchat aquabionic, wich are really good for all kinds of finning, with a nice look but have an issue on the articulations: the material splits (even on the "evo" version)

So I'm looking for another fins, which would be:
  • quite efficcient for all kinds of finning (traditionnal in strong current or if I need speed, frog kick the rest of the time, and back kick too because it's very usefull in different situations)
  • quite short (wreck diving...)
  • not to heavy (I'm not in dry suit for now, maybe later)
The seawing nova 2 are an option. Maybe the RK3 (standard, not HD), or the Hollis F2.
But the supernova could be the solution, if they are really better than seawing nova 2 for frog kick, back kick, quite good for tradictionnal finning and reliable over time.

what do you think?

the supernova could be the solution, if they are really better than seawing nova 2 for frog kick, back kick, quite good for tradictionnal finning and reliable over time.

I have been using them for few months now and they are good for frogkick, back kick, flutter, helicopter turn, dolphin kick, etc. I don't know about comparing them to Seawing Nova 2.

I have put away all of my other fins including SP Go Sport, Quattros, AL Sling, Atomic Blade X (I think blade X).

Hi!
Thank you for your complete feedback.
I currently have beuchat aquabionic, wich are really good for all kinds of finning, with a nice look but have an issue on the articulations: the material splits (even on the "evo" version)

So I'm looking for another fins, which would be:
  • quite efficcient for all kinds of finning (traditionnal in strong current or if I need speed, frog kick the rest of the time, and back kick too because it's very usefull in different situations)
  • quite short (wreck diving...)
  • not to heavy (I'm not in dry suit for now, maybe later)
The seawing nova 2 are an option. Maybe the RK3 (standard, not HD), or the Hollis F2.
But the supernova could be the solution, if they are really better than seawing nova 2 for frog kick, back kick, quite good for tradictionnal finning and reliable over time.

what do you think?
I think you should give super novas a try. It sounds like they have what you are looking for. If you have a LDS - they may let you try them out before you buy them.

TradeInn is selling them for $179. Is this legit?

Attachments

• E50BEE52-5704-402A-B73C-631D694696A2.png
    E50BEE52-5704-402A-B73C-631D694696A2.png
    141.6 KB · Views: 70
They don’t show when I search the site (‘s)

I’m in Cayman right now. Must have something to do with it. Did I read something about new blades being released?

I’m in Cayman right now. Must have something to do with it. Did I read something about new blades being released?
There is talk of some ”S” blades but I have no other info.
there must be a block for these in the U.S. since it’s classic price fixing, I would buy a pair if I could dig up a decent discount, they may well be worth the full asking price but I haven’t been able to see them with my own eyes let alone my feet.

They don’t show when I search the site (‘s)

I'm not seeing the fins either. Even just browsing to the open-heel-fins section.

I'm not seeing the fins either. Even just browsing to the open-heel-fins section.

Pretty sure it’s one of those regional blocks to protect the pricing structure

Back
Top Bottom