Question User reviews on Scubapro Super Nova Seawing fins?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have never seen let alone used Supernova fins. I was told by my LDS (a big SP dealer) that to change blades or foot pockets, there is a clip which must be removed and then reattached when making these changes. Hence, if one loses/breaks a clip(s), the fin(s) are useless.

Also according to the LDS, SP does not sell replacement clips. For those who have/sell Supernovas, is this accurate?
When you purchase a pair of Supernova fins you receive a MFS Multitool that includes 4 spare MFS Lock Plates (clips).

Your LDS is correct in that the MFS Lock Plates are not sold individually. Scubapro sells the MFS Multitool that includes the 4 MFS Lock Plates for $10. I would bet any large SP dealer to have a few multitools in service spares so they can give away a single MFS Lock Plate for their good customers that are in need of one.

Good information! What part number?
I don't have it now as I am traveling. Please send me a PM late tomorrow, Thursday, and I'll remember to look it up for you.

Just arrived, can’t wait to give them some ocean time
CFEB31E9-3C85-4217-9943-854FB8D3BF6A.jpeg

size 15 boot goes right in
E966BF9F-3AF2-4CD9-ADB6-ACC25E321F3E.jpeg

166BA862-EDDB-453E-98ED-CF0F32D4E8C3.jpeg

I’ll adjust the straps for a little looser fit and take them apart to check the packing length for use in travel. They feel like they are going to be very nice, stiffness is like the gorilla nova.

Just arrived, can’t wait to give them some ocean timeView attachment 761551
size 15 boot goes right inView attachment 761550
View attachment 761552
I’ll adjust the straps for a little looser fit and take them apart to check the packing length for use in travel. They feel like they are going to be very nice, stiffness is like the gorilla nova.

New year's dive in your new fins perhaps?

To the OP...... I don't use and have never used the SP Super Nova Seawings. I use Mares Avanti Quatro's now and love them.

But..........I just recently returned from a trip to French Poly and dove for 5 days with a super nice couple from Kansas who I got "paired" up with because I was a single. They both had the new SP Super Nova Seawings. My observations and comparisons to my fins were that these SP's were VERY capable of "keeping up" and also stabilizing on some high current dives and I was impressed.

Still gonna run my Quatro's but I was impressed with the SP - SNS's !!

Back
Top Bottom