Question User reviews on Scubapro Super Nova Seawing fins?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

One heck of a writeup Lexvil! Fins nor masks need to cut off circulation:wink:
I like the yellow color I got in these fins. I found the snug fit of the strap of the open heel fins to my attached DUI CF200 drysuit is just right. I did not need to adjust. Though as on that old show Laugh In, that guy was always was saying Very Interesting! Should I need to fix the straps I see what is involved. Thanks!

I like the design concept, blade angle is more than the Zeagle

So Super Nova is "better" than the Zeagle Recon, no need to bring in the Zeagle you think?

A lot of my dives are treasure-dives

What kind of treasures? Mel Fisher type?

I like the yellow color I got in these fins. I found the snug fit of the strap of the open heel fins to my attached DUI CF200 drysuit is just right. I did not need to adjust. Though as on that old show Laugh In, that guy was always was saying Very Interesting! Should I need to fix the straps I see what is involved. Thanks!
Yellow would be the previous model nova’s, those have a similar bungee principle But different mounting, I’ll dig one up later and take some pics.

So Super Nova is "better" than the Zeagle Recon, no need to bring in the Zeagle you think?
Well I can’t even say they are as good at this point, nice concept but no water time yet, the Zeagle are really great cold water fins but a bit heavy and long for travel, not bad but these supers may work well for both.

What kind of treasures? Mel Fisher type?

Mostly, I find sunglasses, cell-phones, iwatches, and similar items. Occasionally, I'll pull up a boat-anchor if it's a good one.

(No idea who or what Mel Fisher is.)

Here is the previous type of nova bungee, to remove them you lift the cover off of the base unit by unlatching with a narrow screwdriver
F9DF9185-C244-4563-9B49-DB5583E143AB.jpeg

you can remove them by sliding forward, you can see how the bungee fits in the buckle
86AE80FA-EF84-4B47-B2A4-303865A60350.jpeg
8FD12151-E849-4120-AA6F-00A7F1E43581.jpeg

im using these on Sherwood triton fins, very versatile units, I’ve accumulated several by breaking the early nova’s
2B21500E-EA72-4026-BC33-C410C26A8D24.jpeg

Mostly, I find sunglasses, cell-phones, iwatches, and similar items. Occasionally, I'll pull up a boat-anchor if it's a good one.

(No idea who or what Mel Fisher is.)

MEL FISHER=TREASURE

Still can't get my head around the price of these fins here, twice the price of the SP Go Sport and $111 more expensive than the Avanti Quattro + fin .:no:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom