Review Seaskin Nova drysuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Okay, I'm in a hurry to place my order but still can't figure a few things out. (My first dry suit). What are your opinions on these options?

1. Swap Standard Seatec Nipple for a CENJ? I haven't seen any discussion (not that I've read all 304 pages).
2. Best PValve? I've read tons on here but can't get a good read on majority opinion. Are they all of a type where you must open the valve to pee? Balanced vs unbalanced?
3. Which pockets? For now, I'm a casual rec diver who doesn't know what the future may hold.
4. Short Neck Hood or Warm Neck Hood? (I'm getting the Warm Neck Simple collar.)
5. Elasticated back panel? Sound like a good idea for gathering up loose material. Maybe I don't understand it well. I haven't seen any discussions about it yet.
6. Inflation valve comfort patch? Does it help with comfort really?
7. SITech Valve System? Is it worth the upgrade from the stock Apex?

Thanks in advance!

1) no
2) Trigon. You don't open/close it. It doesn't have anything to open/close.
3) I like zippered, but sometimes I wish they were bigger.
4) short neck
5) No. That is really mainly for women, who often have a waist that is much more slender than their hips.
6) Yes. Yes.
7) Yes.

Okay, I'm in a hurry to place my order but still can't figure a few things out. (My first dry suit). What are your opinions on these options?

1. Swap Standard Seatec Nipple for a CENJ? I haven't seen any discussion (not that I've read all 304 pages).
2. Best PValve? I've read tons on here but can't get a good read on majority opinion. Are they all of a type where you must open the valve to pee? Balanced vs unbalanced?
3. Which pockets? For now, I'm a casual rec diver who doesn't know what the future may hold.
4. Short Neck Hood or Warm Neck Hood? (I'm getting the Warm Neck Simple collar.)
5. Elasticated back panel? Sound like a good idea for gathering up loose material. Maybe I don't understand it well. I haven't seen any discussions about it yet.
6. Inflation valve comfort patch? Does it help with comfort really?
7. SITech Valve System? Is it worth the upgrade from the stock Apex?

Thanks in advance!
1) leave it standard, you'll be fine
2) I like my trigon. Simple and reliable
3) zippered pockets on each leg. Large enough for a dsmb and spool.
4) I prefer Waterproof H1 hoods with the small bib. I tuck that into my warm neck
5) that's for ladies with volumous proportions to bring in the middle a bit. Not needed for men.
6) yes, worth it. Keeps from feeling hard plastic getting pressed into your chest when you inflate
7) sitech is the way.
8) don't forget to get sitech quick neck. User replaceable seals are a must.
9) kubi rings...

4) I prefer Waterproof H1 hoods with the small bib. I tuck that into my warm neck
I wish my hood had a little bib, I do not have any bib on my H1 and my neck gets cold. It's pretty ******* cold here though.

Change to the neoprene neck seal
I think about that all winter long... and just when I'm about to pull the trigger on a $90 piece of gear... wouldn't you know it, the water warms up a bit! And then I tell myself... maybe next year:)

I think about that all winter long... and just when I'm about to pull the trigger on a $90 piece of gear... wouldn't you know it, the water warms up a bit! And then I tell myself... maybe next year:)
It’s worth it, aqualung made/makes one too that was cheaper, I have one as a spare, do you want to try it?

Or just get an H1 hood with a bib...

It’s worth it, aqualung made/makes one too that was cheaper, I have one as a spare, do you want to try it?
Let me think about that... that would be a nice option and I really appreciate the offer!

Or just get an H1 hood with a bib...
Which is more then the Aqualung neo seal, lol. You do like spending my $$ don't you:)

I have a buddy that swears by his K1 hood? Different manf. It's very soft.. I think 10mm? Was not cheap, I think over $120

Which is more then the Aqualung neo seal, lol. You do like spending my $$ don't you:)

I have a buddy that swears by his K1 hood? Different manf. It's very soft.. I think 10mm? Was not cheap, I think over $120
Best of both worlds imo. Silicone neck for comfort and hood with a bib for warmth. I picked up my 7mm H1 used for $35.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom