we're all friends here... let's talk p valves and sensitive bits...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Merida Cave Diver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I just purchased my first dry suit yesterday from DUI and I won't have it for a few months but I did get the Light Monkey P-valve option. I've heard about a "quick connect" option and I know that I need a catheter but other than that I know nothing...

Questions:
1. Can someone tell me about the quick connect? Sounds like a good idea. What is it, where can I buy it?
2. Catheters, I've done some reading on size, putting it on, etc, but what do you buy? For example, I go to a medical company website and I see several styles but the tips look a little different. Is there a specific standard / model / type? Yes I know it's the condom type for all you comedians lol.

Thanks

I discovered wearing a p-valve irritated me. I'm like the princess and the pee. So I never hooked up since the 90s. My quick connect was no connect.

Wide bands are the way to go.

The manufacturer has a sizing chart and used to would send you samples, get a couple of each size and actually try them on if you think it fits leave on for several hours.

Then get at least one of the largest for your save a dive in case a buddy needs one you can say this is all I've got.

Trimming or shaving is a must along with removing wipes.

I wouldn't got without the quick disconnect.

If you have a balanced p-valve don’t bother with the quick disconnect.
Most brands can be sized of you know the diameter or circumference of your shaft.
Get the adhesive ones. I have been using ultraflex and spirit with no problems.
Hose routing goes from the thigh, up to the chest and back down toward the croch. So the penis aims up.
Pro tip- cut the end of the catheter a little shorter so the barbed attachment fits all the way in and you won’t have problems with kinks.

@stuartv provides some EXCELLENT guidance here

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom