we're all friends here... let's talk p valves and sensitive bits...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I find the QD makes it a lot easier on the boat, attach the cath and that end at home and your not trying to attach the bard on a rocking boat.

Or if you want to come out of your drysuit for comfort between dives, or a dozen other reasons. I can't see NOT having a QD. I've got a couple of extras in my gear box.

Wide band
Manscape, miss a couple hairs and you will know it
for a quick search. I have a camelbak and was looking at the quick connect, it is made by a complany called Colder. I bought a bunch of stuff direct from them years ago. Various male and female, free flow and with shut off. The shut off is good for not making a mess with the hoses draining when you disconnect. My typical is a free flow plugged into the cath, a short extension hose with a shut off connected to that. (I can remove the extension and take a normal land wizz if need be.) The extension makes it easier to reach and plug into the suit. My plumbing works best pointing up, some point down. Go outside and take a wee on a fence post and move your aim up and down and see what works best for you.
Removal tips. Wait until you get home is a good one. Your body oils will loosen it up a little over time. Stretch, that silicone material will stretch a lot, as it stretches the adhesive gets weaker. Stretching to triple the nominal diameter and 90° to the shaft has proven to be the least painful way to remove.
Some frown on my cleanup method, fish oil, otherwise known as WD40. A little bit on a paper towel, clean, then shower.

wow, a ton of good stuff here. Thank you. I'll need to go through all of it including that link to another post, thank you.

Manscaped does make a really good trimmer for the job

I had a urinary tract/ prostate infection from one last year, don't ever do that. Two different antibiotics, various highly unpleasant doctor/hospital ****, etc. Prior to that, I used them for decades, go figure.

A pee valve. I was cycling through various old drysuits trying to figure out which of them still worked, either the hose kinked or something else went wrong and I ended up in the ER a day or two later.
Ouch!

I was very cautious to flush the pee-valve and all associated items thoroughly... if you have any doubts, flush it some more...

Or if you want to come out of your drysuit for comfort between dives, or a dozen other reasons. I can't see NOT having a QD. I've got a couple of extras in my gear box.
Does your quick disconnect do something special that makes it better than just pulling the catheter tube off the barb connection? I had a habbit of forgetting to reinstall my qd and not being able to put on the cath until i went back to my trailer and found it. So i stopped taking it apart and use it just like my basic barb on the backup suit.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom