Setting up Light Monkey Tinkle pee valve for first time

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OK so I'm hoping to take this p valve for a spin tomorrow.

Got the quick disconnect - how do I connect the suit-side component? Do I cut the hose? Or rip the existing plastic bit out?

Also curious for those who don't use the quick disconnect - when removing the cath from the suit's hose, I'm guessing the hose itself may be full of urine - any issues with inadvertent splashing?

Lastly after the dive... what do you just blow vinegar or something through the hose to clean?

View attachment 864249
Heat up some water, put it in a cup and soak the connector/hose. It will pull right out. You will then be able to insert the quick disconnect.

At the end of the dive day I run some Steramine through the hose and then some air.

OK so I'm hoping to take this p valve for a spin tomorrow.

Got the quick disconnect - how do I connect the suit-side component? Do I cut the hose? Or rip the existing plastic bit out?

Also curious for those who don't use the quick disconnect - when removing the cath from the suit's hose, I'm guessing the hose itself may be full of urine - any issues with inadvertent splashing?

Lastly after the dive... what do you just blow vinegar or something through the hose to clean?

View attachment 864249
Remove the black plastic part that is on the hose, letting it soak in hot water should soften the hose and make removal easier. While it warm push the QD part into the hose, there will be some residual liquid when you disconnect but a few squeezes of the bulb end will take care of most of it. I just flush with water but I will remove the valve a few times per year and clean in some bleach water.

1 - If you have the hose to spare, cutting it is a lot easier that getting that barbed fitting out.

2 - Open the valve and hold your junk down while pulling the catheter off the fitting and the "splash will be very minimal, if at all. Squeeze yourself and the catheter to force the urine out while doing it.

3 - I have a squeeze bottle of 50% vinegar and 50% water that I flush the hose and valve out with after removal but before closing the valve.

don’t use the quick connect. They don’t flow as much.

Trim the end of the condom so it can’t kink

I find the Wideband extremely hard to remove. I tried the hot shower thing and it didn’t help. I have to use a non-stinging adhesive remover. But even with that, it’s an unpleasant chore. I think the prep wipes do their job almost too well in enhancing adhesion. I’m going to try a test run without the prep.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom