Question Santi BZ200 Undersuit Pee Valve Port Position For Male Divers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jmorgan007

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Male BZ200 Pee Valve Divers,

I am currently enjoying my new Santi Enduro drysuit with Halcyon’s streamline P-Valve.

I have the men’s Santi BZ200 undersuit and wanted to ask if any other male divers have had issues with the positioning of the supplied pee-valve pass through holes located at the bottom of the centerline suit zipper?

I am considering having a seamstress cut and stitch a new pass through hole higher up at the next to the zipper in line with the elastic waist band area. This would allow for better straight line connection to my unit.

Yes, I realize the BZ200 has a nice two way zipper but it seems to be way too much open if I route the wee hose through the zipper.

I just don’t understand why a suit made for men has the pee valve hose port so low on the suit at the base of the crotch. Obviously we don’t want to be making sharp 90 degree turns of the robust rubber wee hose. Routing the pee valve hose up the leg with a slow arcing “U” turn back down to the tip of the “unit” makes more since to me. So, to accommodate this the poet pass through hole needs to be higher up the suit.

Just curious if any other BZ200 users found Santi’s pass through holes in an awkward position on this suit as I have?

Not a huge deal until your hose routing puts extra strain on the system and you slip a catheter off and piss your suit, blimey! Chalk it up to experience and welcome another member to the frick I pissed my suit club.

BTY the Santi BZ200 undersuit is amazing, very comfortable and perfect for PNW cold water diving.

Cheers,
Jeff

I dive a Santi Emotion Plus. I put my “unit” vertical then route the Santi house up and out between my skin and my elastic band on my briefs. Then nice arch down to the valve. When taking the hose off the external catheter the arch will have some fluid remaining in it. Put it vertical as soon as possible.

i got a button hole sewn in a better position which allows me to shorten the rubber hose and reduce the chances of a blockage and UTI

Have a heated BZ200, not going to let someone sew a hole in it.

But I think there is an easy way you are overlooking. The U-turn, up around your belly button , do't try and put it outside the undersuit. Loop it inside the undersuit and now the routing out the zipper can be at the bottom.

Have a heated BZ200, not going to let someone sew a hole in it.

But I think there is an easy way you are overlooking. The U-turn, up around your belly button , do't try and put it outside the undersuit. Loop it inside the undersuit and now the routing out the zipper can be at the bottom.
Yes many options to consider. I vetted my seamstress before getting the work done and she is a subject mater expert on sewing manufacturing and alterations and did a fabulous job on the new hole. It looks just like the factor hole. After 74 dives the new position allow me to route the original size hose up into the higher hole at the elastic band area and then route down to the tip termination point and I can still keep the hose out of the zipper teeth. Everyone is a bit different but this tends to work for me. Yes as others have stated when taking the hose off be ready to have on open valve and standing in an appropriate spot for drainage. Hand press out any fluid from the reservoir tip and making sure the end of the hose is elevated as you disconnect the hose. Easy work, no stress...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom