P-Valve Removal

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yeah, I thought about sticking pockets in. I have heard contradictory things on how robust that would be. The other weird thing is the confusing verbiage on BARE's site on what voids the warranty, specifically this bit "This warranty is rendered invalid by unauthorized repairs or use of any AquaSeal Product.".

Yeah, I thought about sticking pockets in. I have heard contradictory things on how robust that would be. The other weird thing is the confusing verbiage on BARE's site on what voids the warranty, specifically this bit "This warranty is rendered invalid by unauthorized repairs or use of any AquaSeal Product.".
Warranty’s are useless

Unless seams start to come apart, everything else under warranty will be easier to fix by yourself. Only if you live at drop distance from factory, when you do the shipping, waiting and getting it back, not worth the hassle.

Can you please expand...
If I were to send it anywhere I would keep my life simple in terms of sending to BARE simply because of their being the original manufacturer.
But glue on pockets using 620 Contact Adhesive or comparable (or for a neoprene suit, Aquaseal Adhesive or comparable) would be the route I would choose simply to save the time and trouble/expense of shipping.
One cover your ass detail beyond the critical importance of surface prep and perfectly following directions if going glue on route is that I would avoid glueing the pockets where there was a seam just to make it clear any potential seam issues were not at all the fault of the pocket (and personally then expect any reputable company to honor their warranty if a problem was clearly separate from a personal modification like adding a glue on pocket...)
In having personally done a number of inflatable boat repairs with hypalon and stabond I think you'll be just as happy with glue on pockets as manufacturer added pockets as long as you are diligent with the directions (unlike certain seam repairs which may be difficult, glue on pockets are not complicated and it's simply that attention to detail matters...)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom