Halcyon p-valve

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Your suit should always be dry or it's not a dry suit and needs repair.

Your'e a lucky guy

Dude I've always found a “drysuit” keeps most of the out water out and all of the in water in
Had one on at home for an hour during a coldish yesterday, the undergarments are still wet

Yum!

yeah I do that sometimes

A post dive drysuit and underclothes will be mildly moist with condensation from the warm fleshy thing in the middle. You always need to hang the suit and underclothes up overnight between days.

Pee valve…. This is discussed a lot on here, see links below.
A quick disconnect with a flow stop valve makes connecting the hose to your old chap much easier when you get in to your suit. I route the hose up and over my waistband and connect with my old chap pointing upwards. The barbed connector is pushed on to the catheter/condom before rolling it on.

Always make sure the connector ’clicks’ when connecting. Ensure the hose to catheter isn’t kinked.

Catheter pictures…

Another pee valve question…
Not sure how I left impression that I don't have experience with the dry suits... Santi is my second dry suit, I know how to care and maintain my dry suits. I have never had so much moisture in my 1st suit as I did have in Santi. Condensation, especially visible on the seams, I did, however, squeezing cup of water from each sock after 2 dives - never. During the course, after the dives, my suit was hung open and left to dry out.
I do same with my undergarments.

P-valves threads I've read all, and none of them specifically go into detail about what I've asked. A QD, I'm a little bit unfortunate to live in Europe, and it's quite difficult to source one, same applies to pricing of the cathethers and skin prep wipes :D I've found French shop which has exactly what I want, but found it little bit too late, as I was flying to Cyprus before I could get it shipped.

Not sure how I left impression that I don't have experience with the dry suits... Santi is my second dry suit, I know how to care and maintain my dry suits. I have never had so much moisture in my 1st suit as I did have in Santi. Condensation, especially visible on the seams, I did, however, squeezing cup of water from each sock after 2 dives - never. During the course, after the dives, my suit was hung open and left to dry out.
I do same with my undergarments.
I’ve an E-Lite+ too. It’s “mildly moist” after a dive but definitely not dripping.

The suit has neoprene socks (and rock boots) and I did notice the stitching on one of the socks was starting to part. I glued the seam down with Aquasure and it’s been fine ever since. Wonder if you’ve a leak?

P-valves threads I've read all, and none of them specifically go into detail about what I've asked. A QD, I'm a little bit unfortunate to live in Europe, and it's quite difficult to source one, same applies to pricing of the cathethers and skin prep wipes :D I've found French shop which has exactly what I want, but found it little bit too late, as I was flying to Cyprus before I could get it shipped.

I’ve sourced my quick disconnect here. Am certain you’ll find it available in the EU

I got the tech boots on mine. It really needs to be tested, because my quads were wet as well, so I'm not sure where is the leakage and whether moisture can crimp up so high from the leaky boots.

This is where I was planning on placing my order:

P-Valve QD

There’s two types of quick-connects: with or without a shutoff valve. The (expensive) one I linked to has an integral valve. Not sure about proteushop’s connector

Unbalanced gang.

Balanced p-valves are a gimmick, and so are QDs :)

I’m pretty sure that the halcyon duckbill can be removed and plugged with a standard LP port plug.
how come you prefer unbalanced over balanced?

how come you prefer unbalanced over balanced?
Balanced doesn’t “do” anything. Adds no value. But that duckbill will absolutely eventually leak and you’ll piss yourself.

I have never, in like 20 years of drysuit diving, had a condition where I wished I had a balanced valve. Hot drops, cold water, absurd cave dives, international stuff, etc, never a problem to have an unbalanced valve. However, when I did have a balanced valve, it was peepee problems.

Balanced doesn’t “do” anything. Adds no value. But that duckbill will absolutely eventually leak and you’ll piss yourself.

I have never, in like 20 years of drysuit diving, had a condition where I wished I had a balanced valve. Hot drops, cold water, absurd cave dives, international stuff, etc, never a problem to have an unbalanced valve. However, when I did have a balanced valve, it was peepee problems.
yeah, i have suffered the warped duckbill issue before. so if i remove the duckbill and plug the hole with a blanking plug it becomes unbalanced? Maybe i'll give that a try sometimes

There’s two types of quick-connects: with or without a shutoff valve. The (expensive) one I linked to has an integral valve. Not sure about proteushop’s connector
1715952846031.png

QD's I could find in the Netherlands had a shut-off on the male side, which isn't my preferable choice. I'll probably order 2 sets, plus extra male connectors in case of loss and cleaning the hose.
I've read you're cleaning it with few mouthfulls of water :wink: But I'll look into options with either syringe or squeeze bottle.

But that duckbill will absolutely eventually leak and you’ll piss yourself.
Can you please elaborate this? How will you piss yourself if the plumbing is attached? Something with valve internals failing?

Back
Top Bottom