Review Seaskin Nova drysuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have been thinking about replacing my dry suit with a custom cut Seaskin. I am regretting not having done it sooner. Inflation hit Europe a lot harder than the US.

I just priced up my suit that I bought in January last year on the seaskin website.

I paid £1329 including everything.
Price now: £1454.

So around 10% increase in prices.

I just priced up my suit that I bought in January last year on the seaskin website.

Yes but the exchange rate (at least here in the states) has also gotten worse. It's gone up by about 8% since I bought mine. So you're really looking at an 18% price hike (again, at least here in the states)

@Sebs I’m curious to know how much the Rolock 90 glove system costs in the country of it’s origin.

Yeah... but do YOU measure in inches? My micrometer does inches... I've never used it because that's not what dignified people use! lol

I do when I use that micrometer. It is not electronic.

Go on a forum or two and post some measurements of 1911 parts in millimeters and report back on how that goes. lolol Heck, even 9mm bullets are actually measured and sold in inches.

My Dillon Precision micrometer reads in inches...
The one I use at work is metric or standard
Yeah... but do YOU measure in inches? My micrometer does inches... I've never used it because that's not what dignified people use! lol
I change mine to give me the metrics called for in the manual. Electronic FTW

I do when I use that micrometer. It is not electronic.

Go on a forum or two and post some measurements of 1911 parts in millimeters and report back on how that goes. lolol Heck, even 9mm bullets are actually measured and sold in inches.
Merica that's why!! Lol.. they're doing it wrong🤣🤣🤣

We would do that, lol.

I change mine to give me the metrics called for in the manual. Electronic FTW

mine is electronic, I can switch. Its nice.

edit: for the record I could not give af what measurements anyone uses. I just like to pick on @Boarderguy where I can when I can (as he does me).

@Stuart I am not a rich man, 1911's are out of my grasp. My Walther suits me just fine:) and I have no idea what they measure that in, lol

Yeah, I feel your pain. I still turn people onto the suit, but it's not what I would call "cheap" anymore. It's more like economical. My same suit would be at least $300 more today than I paid. I got really really lucky. The week I bought my suit the exchange dropped to the lowest it's been since the 80's and the prices were still less than they are now. I think it was $1.14 USD was $1 GBP

When I went to Germany as a Student, the dollar was at a record high a few months before I left. I planned my expenses based on this. The dollar was still good, but things were just slowly getting more and more expensive by the end of my semester and my money was running out. We don't usually interact with exchange rates so directly.

Hmmm, let’s see, in just a few posts we’ve covered dry gloves. Inflation. exchange rates, the metric system, and reloading. Where do we go from here?🤪

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom