Review Seaskin Nova drysuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Alright total newby to drysuits, but thanks to this thread I am going to order my first drysuite and it will be the Nova. I have spent the majority of my time diving in Guam so there was no need for one, however I have been diving in Oahu and my cold tolerance is next to zero when hitting that 90 min run time and I am moving to the PNW next year so I figured its time to go dry.

I am trying to decide if the reinforced crotch is worth it. The majority of all my diving is done with a DPV.

Also, I was looking at getting the SI-Tech Oval cuffs and wondering what glove systems I should look at.

Should I consider the base layer through Seaskin or just wait.

I have read some of the duty tax comments and I am hoping that I don't get stuck with a $500 bill.

I had read some threads that divers use the Chucks vice other rock boots but I was thinking of just getting the EVO 4 rock boots.

Thanks for any feedback. Looks like if I order in the next week the dispatch day would be May 10th.
No crotch. 95% of my dives are with my blacktip. The others are working dives around a dock.
Get kubi
Neo socks with rock boots for here in the PNW. Our sites are full of oyster shells and barnacles. I like my hollis rock boots.
Duties will be under $200.

Alright total newby to drysuits, but thanks to this thread I am going to order my first drysuite and it will be the Nova. I have spent the majority of my time diving in Guam so there was no need for one, however I have been diving in Oahu and my cold tolerance is next to zero when hitting that 90 min run time and I am moving to the PNW next year so I figured its time to go dry.

I am trying to decide if the reinforced crotch is worth it. The majority of all my diving is done with a DPV.

Also, I was looking at getting the SI-Tech Oval cuffs and wondering what glove systems I should look at.

Should I consider the base layer through Seaskin or just wait.

I have read some of the duty tax comments and I am hoping that I don't get stuck with a $500 bill.

I had read some threads that divers use the Chucks vice other rock boots but I was thinking of just getting the EVO 4 rock boots.

Thanks for any feedback. Looks like if I order in the next week the dispatch day would be May 10th.
In my opinion, no to reinforced crotch, unless you're towing 2 guys behind you.
As for gloves, if you go with QCS you have several options: Ultima (easier to set, can be hard to mount), Rolock (more complicated to set, but once set it's easy to use) and Sitech (not recommended).
As for base layer, it's snob in me speaking, but find yourself Merino wool garments.
For boots, I have integrated Tec boots, so whatever works for you.

In my opinion, no to reinforced crotch, unless you're towing 2 guys behind you.
As for gloves, if you go with QCS you have several options: Ultima (easier to set, can be hard to mount), Rolock (more complicated to set, but once set it's easy to use) and Sitech (not recommended).
As for base layer, it's snob in me speaking, but find yourself Merino wool garments.
For boots, I have integrated Tec boots, so whatever works for you.

Seaskin Tech base layer? YES! They are a rare combo: Excellent and inexpensive.

Merino wool for mid-layer? Yes, if it’s warm enough for what you’re doing.

For those who have ended up trimming your sitech silicone neck seal, is there a good ratio of rings to neck size, when both the seal on when my suit arrived, I could barely breathe, so trimming is mandatory for me. I think I have it at a point of slightly too tight, and after some time in the water I will know if it needs a little more.

Jsut for reference, my neck size I sent to Seaskin was 46cm or 18.11 inches.

Never cut on a silicone seal unless you have its replacement in hand. Latex cut away, you’ll need to replace it when it stretches out but it’s very tough until it fails. Also with latex seals if they ever feel sticky make plans to replace them soon.

Silicone neck seals are $30 (was 20 last year) from Seaskin, keep 3-4 on hand... you never know when your buddy might have a bad day and rewards your generosity with US pricing.

Alright, I just ordered my Nova and now I will wait patiently for it to arrive. Based on recommendations from this thread here is what I went with.

Black with red thread
Telescopic
Body zip cover
YKK zip
Si tech Pee Valve
Pee valve hose tidy
Quick neck with silflex seal
Warm neck simple (will dive bibles hood)
Sitech oval cuff rings ( I plan to go with the Rolock 90)
DIR dump position
Increased LP hose. Will dive inflator bottle mounted on my rebreather.
Compressed neo socks
EVO 4 rock boots
Kevlar knee pads
Shoulder reinforcement
no logo
Expedition pockets x2
Seaskin tech base layer top/bottom
replacement Neck seal

In total with shipping to Oahu it was 1,521.98. Still half the price of any other customer fit suit I looked at. In email they said should expect a dispatch date around May 10th. now the wait.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom