Review Seaskin Nova drysuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Few questions for everyone before placing my order:

1) Seems like Compressed Neoprene Socks are the way to go since it allows you to turn the suit inside out for quick drying. With the socks you need boots, are the Aqualung Rock Boots EVO 4 any good or are there third party boots I should look at? I assume if you're say a 40 size, you should increase that a bit to leave room for thick socks inside the socks? Does that mean you always have to wear thick socks to make the boots fit even when it's warm out?

2) New to dry gloves and from what I've read most people use unlined gloves and add a seperate liner inside if they need it, is that right? How cold is the water before you start lining your gloves?

3) What water temps are the Seaskin 250gsm undergarmet good for? I'm used to seeing undergarmets from companies such as DUI that list the range of water temps and don't understand the parameters they listed. Expect to be in 36-45F water (2-7C).

4) for the Kubi glove size I fit the XXL gloves in some measurements and the L in others, I assume best option is to try to find a shop and try them on (circled my size in the pic below). For the parameter D I'm slightly longer and for parameters A and B I'm slightly smaller than the values on this table.

View attachment 823817
I got hollis rock boots in my exact size and they're perfect over the neo socks. They're designed for it

I always wear the thin gloves that came with my kubi rings. The included outer glove is thin and unlined. They also have long fingers. I just upgraded to showa 660s which fit my hands amazing! They have a bit shorter and fatter fingers which is exactly what's needed for wearing a glove underneath. Scroll up and you'll see what I did I think.

I wear my 150 with their tech base layer down to low 40s and am fine, but I run hot. I have the 250 but that thing is bulky so I never take it out of the closet. I'd rather wear my 150 and add a heated vest than wear the 250 or other thick undergarments.

dove our Novas on NYE here in Ontario. Wore the 250s, with the base layer, and a thin additional merino midlayer top. 52 minutes @ 38ffw. 39°F. Surface air temps around 30-32°F.
hands and toes were getting chilly by the end, but wasn't extremely uncomfortable. That's about as cold as we dive here....so the 250s work well enough for me.

If you're diving in 2 to 7 degrees Celsius water, you'll need thick glove liners. Thicker than what you get with the kubis. I'd get the XXL and worst comes to worst you buy new gloves for 5 bucks a pair. The only important thing with kubis is you need to make sure the rings are the correct size.
Oh and just to follow this up. On my dive yesterday I wore showa 720s with the wool liners. Left hand was an XL, right hand was an L. Even before splashing the left felt more comfortable. The right was too tight. Underwater the left hand was noticeably warmer than the right, presumably because of improved airflow.

I should mention I ordered my kubis with L gloves. The supplied glove liners with the size L dishwashing gloves fit me perfectly and I'd dive that combination in around 16 degrees Celsius and up. Anything below that I'd want the thicker liners and also thicker smurf gloves. The good thing with dry gloves is that you can test things out for not much money.

Clowns everywhere lol

Screenshot_20240129_073731_Facebook.jpg

But, if you're the same size as the seller, you can have it today....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom