Review Seaskin Nova drysuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I might call tomorrow and ask but calling international is a pain! Will post back if I talk to them

-Also planing on purchasing the Seaskin:
-250 Undersuit High Wick Thinsulate 250
-140 Undersuit High Wick Thinsulate 250
-tech base layer

Not sure what to think about their Seaskin Knee High Sox – Thinsulate 150. Assuming I can just go with a thick pair of wool socks instead.
I wear merino wool socks. The SS thinsulate ones come off in the feet of your suit and are meh... the 150 is my go to undergarment. I have the 250 and it's unused in my closet

I wear merino wool socks. The SS thinsulate ones come off in the feet of your suit and are meh... the 150 is my go to undergarment. I have the 250 and it's unused in my closet

From what I've read on here I might need the 250 if I'm in 40F water for a couple hours. What's the lower end of the water temp range you can do with the 150?

Thinking the 250 is a cheap insurance if I need it and not super expensive if I don't end up using it but would apprecaite your thoughts

From what I've read on here I might need the 250 if I'm in 40F water for a couple hours. What's the lower end of the water temp range you can do with the 150?

Thinking the 250 is a cheap insurance if I need it and not super expensive if I don't end up using it but would apprecaite your thoughts
I run mid-low 40s with mine and get a little chilled by the 1 hour mark when scooting. I'll add a heated vest before I go to my 250. I've recently added an electric hand warmer in the chest pocket of my undergarment and that little bit of warmth keeps me happy. No it's not waterproof, no I don't care.

40°F water for a couple hours is very likely going to require a lot more than the 250, maybe even active heating. I spent 52 minutes in 39° F water on NYE and I was getting fairly cold. That was with the tech base, a merino sweater, and the 250. w/ wool socks + dry gloves. This was actively swimming around a quarry @ 40 ft in a set of steel doubles, so effort wasn't exactly minimal, and certainly wasnt just hanging around on deco. 2 hours would have been miserable, especially if you weren't being quite active physically. I basically wear the 250 for anything in the 40s or below, and the 150 for anything above 50, but ymmv.

Just remember that we're all built different. I don't think I could do an hour with just the 250 in the 40's. Maybe I could, but not all that comfortable by the hr mark.

I really need to get it out and try again, I've been mostly using 4th Element stuff as I prefer it over thinsulate. It would be good now that I've got a decent amount of time on the suit and can really compare.

Makes me wonder. I ordered the 250 undergarment. I’ve only used a 7 mil for 40’s temp. Gets cold. I guess I can always order the others if this one is too thin.

Makes me wonder. I ordered the 250 undergarment. I’ve only used a 7 mil for 40’s temp. Gets cold. I guess I can always order the others if this one is too thin.
Gotta start somewhere. No matter what, it was guaranteed to change along the way.

Just received my Seaskin drysuit :)

1707235893229.jpeg

Ordered: Oct 26 with estimated dispatch date of Jan 26
Shipped from Seaskin: Jan 31
Arrived by UPS: Feb 5

Interestingly, I also ordered the undergarments but asked them to ship separately to reduce the import tariffs, since that was suggested by several people in this thread. The undergarments arrived in a few weeks but I didn't have to pay any tariff. I was charged $73.04 in tariffs for the drysuit.

Two questions:

1. For those with the plastic YKK zipper: Seaskin says to apply a drop of the supplied zipper oil at the zipper dock when it first arrives, then only lubricate if the zipper becomes difficult to use. They sent a wax stick of Zip Tech zipper lubricant which says to "apply a thin layer of lubricant to the front and back surfaces of the top stop seal and adjoining teeth." Does that mean the top left area of the zipper (the part that closes last)?

2. This metal plate came with the suit. Any idea what it's for? I have the KUBI rings, SiTech Trigon Pee Valve, and SiTech valves.

1707235808242.jpeg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom