Review Seaskin Nova drysuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

They are neo socks on my feet, but I believe it was a different user who got the attached boots. I was just paying the photo tax.
That's what happens when I don't look at the name lol. Beautiful suit btw

3 1/2 months is a long time to wait. Who is organizing the SB group buy?

3 1/2 months is a long time to wait. Who is organizing the SB group buy?
It's not bad for a completely custom suit. Not just custom size but custom everything. You can get a suit off the shelf and I did. I regret it. Spend the money and time once and you will be happy.
I will say the three months it took sucked. Everyday I was hoping it would show up early. That first and second dives and it was so worth the wait and the cost

It's not bad for a completely custom suit. Not just custom size but custom everything. You can get a suit off the shelf and I did. I regret it. Spend the money and time once and you will be happy.
I will say the three months it took sucked. Everyday I was hoping it would show up early. That first and second dives and it was so worth the wait and the cost

Man I don't think 3 months was long at all. I made it 38 years on the planet without a M2M drysuit... I was just happy for the timer to start counting down when ordered!!

So mu suit just arrived, and I have some questions. I know that these have probably been discussed to death and back in the other 254 pages of comments, so I apologize if these are repeats.

1. I got the plastic zipper. How do I store it? I have looked on the YKK website and they list 2 different waterproof zippers. One which they say to store fully closed, and another which they say to store open. Does anyone know the model of zipper that Seaskin uses? Do I store it fully closed? Open just a few inches? Fully open with the zipper cover fully closed?

The main thing is to make sure the zipper is either fully open or fully closed. You just don't want it partially unzipped. You're trying to avoid having it hanging where the weight of the suit is pulling one side of the zipper at a sharp angle to the zipper pull piece.

The main thing is to make sure the zipper is either fully open or fully closed. You just don't want it partially unzipped. You're trying to avoid having it hanging where the weight of the suit is pulling one side of the zipper at a sharp angle to the zipper pull piece.
That's where the zip cover comes in handy. Open or close the main zip AND fully close the zip cover

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom