Review Seaskin Nova drysuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

No, I was talking when connected and it's under the undersuit. If I'm not carefull, sometimes my underwear waistband will press it into me

I have never had that issue. I run my "package" through my boxers so it's between that waistband and the waistband of my base layer.. maybe that gives me a little padding? Idk.

Talcing the suit makes it really easy to slip into, especially when wearing thinsulate undergarments with that plastic feeling outer layer.

Talcing the suit makes it really easy to slip into, especially when wearing thinsulate undergarments with that plastic feeling outer layer.
Yes, but in the summer when you're dealing with the sweaty plastic bag affect it becomes gross. All that talc (lightly dusted) turns into a slurry and just makes my thinsulate stick even more in the legs. One day I'll upgrade to fleece and not be stuck in the legs of my suit.

Just got my Nova on Oct 11. Ordered June 25th. Initial estimated dispatch was Sept 29 but didn't ship until Oct 9. They sent it via 2 day UPS and I owed about $70 in customs charges for the suit (did not order their undergarment).

So far the suit feels great. It's a bit stiff but I heard it takes a few dives to break in. I got the Large pockets and wish I had gone with the expedition. The large ones basically fit a mask and maybe some wetnotes if I cram it in there.

Only negative so far is that I got the attached boots instead of socks and once a bit of air gets in them I lose sensation of my fins and it feels a bit floaty. I am going to continue playing with my weighting and possibly switch to a negative or tighter fin (currently using RK3).

Only negative so far is that I got the attached boots instead of socks and once a bit of air gets
Glad you're happy with the suit overall. The material does break in pretty quick (5-10 dives). If you'd posted about boots instead of socks I'm sure you'd have been lambasted and discouraged for that exact reason. Now since you're posting here let's see the suit! Pics or it isn't real.

Pics or it isn't real.
Here you go!

20231006_170000.jpg

Enjoy your suit. How long did you have to wait for it?
We should do a group buy for those suits.

Those look like neo socks on your feet.
They are neo socks on my feet, but I believe it was a different user who got the attached boots. I was just paying the photo tax.

Looks nice. Is that with or without undersuit?
That is without the undersuit, but I tried it with my 250 gsm thinsulate, and it still fits very well (just very hot). I was able to move about and reach back to where my valves would be if I needed to.
How long did you have to wait for it?
I placed the order June 20 and received it October 6.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom