Review Seaskin Nova drysuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

So you do that while donning the suit? I guess I'm spoiled with my $10 quick disconnects. I can leave the cath on all day and never worry about it being dislodged if I remove the suit for lunch or whatever. Just easier overall, but that is my opinion of course.
I used to use a QC but stopped using on. There is nothing that can get dislodged. Connecting the hose maybe takes 4 seconds longer.

That's where the zip cover comes in handy. Open or close the main zip AND fully close the zip cover

If you look at the back side of the zipper when it's fully open, there is a strap sewn across the back of the zipper at the end where the pull is when it's open. That strap keeps the zipper from being pulled so that it makes a sharp angle against the slider.

Thus why it's okay to have the zipper fully open.

Having the main zip open and the protective flap zipped shut seems to have no point. To me, the reason for leaving the main zip open is if you're hanging it up and want the suit to be as open as possible to dry out the inside. You don't want the protective flap zipped shut when you're doing that. And if that's not your purpose, you may as well zip the main zipper shut.

The main zipper is MOST protected when it's fully shut. Store it that way when you don't have a reason (like drying the inside) to have it open. When you do want it open, just make sure it's FULLY open.

Or I'm missing something?

If you look at the back side of the zipper when it's fully open, there is a strap sewn across the back of the zipper at the end where the pull is when it's open. That strap keeps the zipper from being pulled so that it makes a sharp angle against the slider.

Thus why it's okay to have the zipper fully open.

Having the main zip open and the protective flap zipped shut seems to have no point. To me, the reason for leaving the main zip open is if you're hanging it up and want the suit to be as open as possible to dry out the inside. You don't want the protective flap zipped shut when you're doing that. And if that's not your purpose, you may as well zip the main zipper shut.

The main zipper is MOST protected when it's fully shut. Store it that way when you don't have a reason (like drying the inside) to have it open. When you do want it open, just make sure it's FULLY open.

Or I'm missing something?
I leave mine as described because I don't want to add more cycles on the zipper than needed. When I get out of it I throw the suit in my box and head home. Once home I close the zip cover if not already done and put a 1" pvc pipe through the arms and hang it up to be rinsed and dry. With the cover closed I can hose off the whole thing without concern for water getting in there. Main zip open means the suit is still ready for me when I get ready the next time.
20230807_152731.jpg

I leave mine as described because I don't want to add more cycles on the zipper than needed. When I get out of it I throw the suit in my box and head home. Once home I close the zip cover if not already done and put a 1" pvc pipe through the arms and hang it up to be rinsed and dry. With the cover closed I can hose off the whole thing without concern for water getting in there. Main zip open means the suit is still ready for me when I get ready the next time.
View attachment 806148

That is a very good-looking suit! :D

I unroll mine and toss it in a corner to dry😁. I do not treat it like a delicate flower, lol

Glad you're happy with the suit overall. The material does break in pretty quick (5-10 dives). If you'd posted about boots instead of socks I'm sure you'd have been lambasted and discouraged for that exact reason. Now since you're posting here let's see the suit! Pics or it isn't real.
Keep forgetting to take a pic! I've since fixed my issue with the floaty attached boots with a pair of RK3HDs a size down. They are snug on my foot now but still comfortable and have eliminated the float.

I really wish they could add option like simple MOLE straps on the lower arms and pockets with wet-note slip-inserts. (open top seam between suit and pocket). Both standard in the SEAL suits, but they are pricey and only come in black. I'm trying to ask for this modifications but not getting any reply from them. Does anyone has experience with their customer support?

I really wish they could add option like simple molly straps on the lower arms and pockets with wet-note slip-inserts. (open top seam between suit and pocket). Both standard in the SEAL suits, but they are pricey and only come in black. I'm trying to ask for this modifications but not getting any reply from them. Does anyone has experience with their customer support?
Call, do not email.
By molly straps are you talking about MOLE system? Those are sewn in and I don't think any manufacturer will risk leakage that this system might cause.

Call, do not email.
By molly straps are you talking about MOLE system? Those are sewn in and I don't think any manufacturer will risk leakage that this system might cause.
yes, MOLE 😊... from what I saw their computer straps are also sewn in, I guess just through the outer layer and glued on. I think it gives tons of options, secure dive computer, running cables, quickly store a bolt snap or pig tail... have a look at SEAL, they have some really good ideas... ok, I will give them a call

IDk, I have never seen something like that on a suit. SEALs are different kettle. TBH, not really sure how much useful that might be

Back
Top Bottom