Review Seaskin Nova drysuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Glad you're happy with the suit overall. The material does break in pretty quick (5-10 dives). If you'd posted about boots instead of socks I'm sure you'd have been lambasted and discouraged for that exact reason. Now since you're posting here let's see the suit! Pics or it isn't real.
Took a while but finally remembered to get a pic. Put a few dives on it now and it’s been awesome. I fixed the tech boot issue with some RK3 HDs a size down.

Attachments

• IMG_1327.jpeg
    IMG_1327.jpeg
    130.6 KB · Views: 114
Took a while but finally remembered to get a pic. Put a few dives on it now and it’s been awesome. I fixed the tech boot issue with some RK3 HDs a size down.
Good looking suit for sure! Glad it's working out.

Just got the confirmation email so the wait begins. Expected ship date is Feb 2.
Options Selected:
  • Seaskin Nova (Black w/Red Arms, Zip Cover & Pockets)
  • Fully Telescopic Torso w/ Zip Cover, Metal Zip
  • Quick Neck w/ Silflex & Supplement
  • Standard Warm Neck
  • Kubi Fitted Rings -90mm
  • Kubi Dry Gloves System
  • SiTech Valves
  • Neoprene Socks
  • Knee, Elbow, Shoulder & Crotch Pads/Reinforcement
  • No Logos
  • 2 Large Bellows Pockets, outside seam
  • Trilobite on forearm
  • Seaskin Base Top/Bottom
  • 250 Undersuit
Was thinking about adding a 150 undersuit as well. Do you think I could order the suit in a week or so, and request that both undersuits are shipped together, separately from the drysuit to reduce duty fees?

Just got the confirmation email so the wait begins. Expected ship date is Feb 2.
Options Selected:
  • Seaskin Nova (Black w/Red Arms, Zip Cover & Pockets)
  • Fully Telescopic Torso w/ Zip Cover, Metal Zip
  • Quick Neck w/ Silflex & Supplement
  • Standard Warm Neck
  • Kubi Fitted Rings -90mm
  • Kubi Dry Gloves System
  • SiTech Valves
  • Neoprene Socks
  • Knee, Elbow, Shoulder & Crotch Pads/Reinforcement
  • No Logos
  • 2 Large Bellows Pockets, outside seam
  • Trilobite on forearm
  • Seaskin Base Top/Bottom
  • 250 Undersuit
Was thinking about adding a 150 undersuit as well. Do you think I could order the suit in a week or so, and request that both undersuits are shipped together, separately from the drysuit to reduce duty fees?
250 is seriously warm to me. I dive the 150 with their base layer down to mid 40s but I run fairly warm... your site will look like this except fire the pocket size (your choose a small option there imo. Did you get the kubi neo covers? They protect the rings and help prevent unwanted rong separation.
20230807_152731.jpg

Ring covers

20230311_141544.jpg
20230311_141557.jpg

They protect the rings and help prevent unwanted rong separation.

Let the record show that on this day @Boarderguy admits there might be a flaw in the design of his beloved Kubi's. No matter how slight, this is undeniable proof other rings are superior!!

I rest my case your honor😎

#Rolock90's4Life🤣🤣

250 is seriously warm to me. I dive the 150 with their base layer down to mid 40s but I run fairly warm... your site will look like this except fire the pocket size (your choose a small option there imo. Did you get the kubi neo covers? They protect the rings and help prevent unwanted rong separation.
I don't have much tolerance for the cold, so I went straight for the 250s, but I'd like to have a little more range so I'm gonna get the 150 also. I don't carry a lot of gear in the pockets, so I think I'll be fine with the bellows pocket. I did get the kubi covers though.

Let the record show that on this day @Boarderguy admits there might be a flaw in the design of his beloved Kubi's. No matter how slight, this is undeniable proof other rings are superior!!

I rest my case your honor😎

#Rolock90's4Life🤣🤣
I did no such thing. I stated they may help! Oh, I managed to have a problem with mine last week after having removed the inner ring to show you details. I didn't fully seat it back in place even though the external black oring was in place. When I pressed my rings together the inner pressed into the suit and the black oring popped off. Once I got the inner fully seated the oring set in better and wasn't an issue.
I don't have much tolerance for the cold, so I went straight for the 250s, but I'd like to have a little more range so I'm gonna get the 150 also. I don't carry a lot of gear in the pockets, so I think I'll be fine with the bellows pocket. I did get the kubi covers though.
My zippered pockets will hold a 100ft spool attached to my 6' dsmb. It takes up most of the room in there. I don't think anything like that would fit in the smaller bellows. You can never have too much pocket when they sit mostly flat imo, but you can have too little.

My zippered pockets will hold a 100ft spool attached to my 6' dsmb. It takes up most of the room in there. I don't think anything like that would fit in the smaller bellows. You can never have too much pocket when they sit mostly flat imo, but you can have too little.
Is there really that big of a size difference between the large zippered pocket and the large bellows pocket? On the website it states that the large bellows is 26cm x 20cm x 6cm and the large zippered is 27cm x 19cm x 5cm.

Is there really that big of a size difference between the large zippered pocket and the large bellows pocket? On the website it states that the large bellows is 26cm x 20cm x 6cm and the large zippered is 27cm x 19cm x 5cm.
I'm not sure. Other than the bottom of the bellows I think lays flat and not a full boxy opening. I know a lot of folks here went with expedition. I like zippers over velcro so I was stuck with this size.

Back
Top Bottom