Review Seaskin Nova drysuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks everyone who posted on this thread over the past 3 years and for your replies to my "help me" post several weeks ago. All of your comments helped me a lot and I hope I avoided any significant mistakes that might have been made if I'd done this on my own. I just ordered:

Nova drysuit, Black and Royal Blue
-Telescopic torso
-Main body dry zip cover, color same as arms
-YKK plastic dry zip
-SiTech Trigon pee valve (sorry berndo)
-Pee valve hose tidy
-Quick neck system with Silflex seal (I've ordered the Waterproof neoprene neck seal to use with this)
-Kubi fitted dry cuff system (sorry @rob.mwpropane )
-DIR dump valve position
-Inflation valve comfort patch
-Compressed neoprene socks
-Kevlar knee pads
-40mm width braces
-No logos on suit, no reflective tape on arms, no Kevlar on knee pads
-Large bellows pockets on outside thigh seams
-Computer straps on right forearm
-Spare neck and wrist seals.

I'll post pictures when it arrives (hopefully sometime early February).
@rob.mwpropane +1

Thanks everyone who posted on this thread over the past 3 years and for your replies to my "help me" post several weeks ago. All of your comments helped me a lot and I hope I avoided any significant mistakes that might have been made if I'd done this on my own. I just ordered:

Nova drysuit, Black and Royal Blue
-Telescopic torso
-Main body dry zip cover, color same as arms
-YKK plastic dry zip
-SiTech Trigon pee valve (sorry berndo)
-Pee valve hose tidy
-Quick neck system with Silflex seal (I've ordered the Waterproof neoprene neck seal to use with this)
-Kubi fitted dry cuff system (sorry @rob.mwpropane )
-DIR dump valve position
-Inflation valve comfort patch
-Compressed neoprene socks
-Kevlar knee pads
-40mm width braces
-No logos on suit, no reflective tape on arms, no Kevlar on knee pads
-Large bellows pockets on outside thigh seams
-Computer straps on right forearm
-Spare neck and wrist seals.

I'll post pictures when it arrives (hopefully sometime early February).

Dirty heathen scoundrels the both of ya!!

@Wants2divemore good luck with the suit! I think you'll really like it.

I hope these questions will add something to this thread, but I wanted to ask about your color choices:
What most influenced your color choice?
Do you wish you had chosen something different?
What primary color stands out in low visibility? My guess is yellow.
Do the reflective strips make bright colors unnecessary (if typically using a dive torch)?
Anyone have photos of an all-blue or all-yellow suit?

My dry suit application would typically be in fresh water with low visibility and it’s very easy to get separated from your buddy.

I hope these questions will add something to this thread, but I wanted to ask about your color choices:
Do the reflective strips make bright colors unnecessary (if typically using a dive torch)?

My dry suit application would typically be in fresh water with low visibility and it’s very easy to get separated from your buddy.
I chose black body with red highlights (arms, zip cover, and pockets) to be visible and not similar to all the basic off the shelf black suits around. I wanted color because it is my custom suit and I like red. The reflective stripes are minimal and while affective, I think that contrasting colors makes identifying my body in the murk much easier. Black blends in, red/black not so much. I don't have any photos of me at night with the stripes getting lit up.

The stripes are bright when hit with a light but not so much as to wash out a photo.
IMG_4412..jpg

105 fsw with only our lights and minimal ambient from the surface.
Screenshot_20230821_131340_Gallery.jpg

I chose black body with red highlights (arms, zip cover, and pockets) to be visible and not similar to all the basic off the shelf black suits around. I wanted color because it is my custom suit and I like red. The reflective stripes are minimal and while affective, I think that contrasting colors makes identifying my body in the murk much easier. Black blends in, red/black not so much. I don't have any photos of me at night with the stripes getting lit up.

The stripes are bright when hit with a light but not so much at to wash out a photo.
View attachment 808793

105 fsw with only our lights and minimal ambient from the surface.
View attachment 808794
You look like an underwater fireman.... makes sense you searching for fires down there😁

Jk... good looking suit.

Mine is black with orange thread... my fins are black, my hood is black.. I'm to the point I almost have to write an apology letter.

I choose Blue body red arms. Only reason is I like the look/colors and was tired of all black.

Attachments

• 16948.jpeg
    16948.jpeg
    145.3 KB · Views: 66
I like the blue body. How do you request a color combo that isn’t in the drop-down menu? Say blue body with black or maybe yellow arms.
Edit: I tried to email them, but gmail says the address (sales@seaskin.co.uk) is not good or their server is down.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom