Review Seaskin Nova drysuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

4. When you use a quick connect with auto shut-off for the p-valve, do you remove the provided on/off valve, or do you use that in addition to the quick connect?
I don't use a quick connect or auto shut off. When I disconnect the hose I flush the hose and the valve with water from a bottle while I'm still wearing the lower part of the suit. This way it's clean and you can leave the hose open so it can dry out.

This way it's clean and you can leave the hose open so it can dry out.
You can attain the same results by inserting the male adapter into the female dry break while in storage. The hose is then open and doesn't maintain any moisture. This gives a second level of flood protection in case the p-valve fails.

You can also attach a male adapter to the water bottle lid that is used for flushing with steramine so that it is cleaned properly after use. Keep the lid/adapter in your kit and throw away the water bottle when done.
20230330_051655.jpg

1. I got the plastic zipper. How do I store it?
I hang my suit up by the feet and leave the zipper open. Dunno if it's the manufacturer-sanctioned technique, but it's worked well for me.
3. How often do you talc the seams?
(Typo for seals, I assume?) Never. And I've rarely used soapy water, either. Even with my large hands, I've found that as long as I don't abuse the seals, they'll last.

I don't use a quick connect or auto shut off. When I disconnect the hose I flush the hose and the valve with water from a bottle while I'm still wearing the lower part of the suit. This way it's clean and you can leave the hose open so it can dry out.
How do you disconnect without quick connect? Does that mean you just pull hard or I guess have to connect catheter to suit? Honest question.

I like the quick connect with check valve. Male side with catheter / female, check valve with suit. I only ever get a drip or 2. The biggest plus is attaching barb to catheter the night before so it's ready. Easy peazy. And then I do the same as @Boarderguy more or less.

Just like I would attach the catheter side of the quick connect to the catheter.
So you do that while donning the suit? I guess I'm spoiled with my $10 quick disconnects. I can leave the cath on all day and never worry about it being dislodged if I remove the suit for lunch or whatever. Just easier overall, but that is my opinion of course.

Just like I would attach the catheter side of the quick connect to the catheter.
I agree with @Boarderguy, I can't fathom how that's easier then using a QD? I am curious, is there a reason you're adverse to a QD?

Only reason I can think of against QD is the bulk. With sometimes resultant discomfort of pressing into you.
Maybe I could see that with thinner undergarments, but @berndo said that he dives pretty cold. I dive mid 40'sF mostly and have never had that issue with this suit..

I candy cane it up and tuck the hose behind the bottom of the shoulder strap, so if anything I should have a mark a little to the left of my belly button. I never even notice it's there. No mark at all.

In my older neoprene suit I do remember getting marks and some discomfort. So maybe depends on the suit... idk.

Also @ctinny I tried talcing the inside of the suit again yesterday (so twice in 2 dives). It definitely makes a difference. Sometimes when I dive the suit feels a little tight. I always try and get horizontal at the surface and fill the suit with air and stretch out. Yesterday I did the same thing but before the dive I used the talc bag provided with the suit and just bounced it around. Wow the suit just felt perfect everywhere. I figure I'll talc at least every dive or maybe every other dive.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom