Review Seaskin Nova drysuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I dive a seaskin of NJ boat dives. Few thoughts:

My kevlar kneepads already show signs of use after one season. Get them. Even for peace of mind when getting down on your knees to setup your gear. It's nice to have reinforcements there.
Get the wider suspenders. It's not much more momey and it's likely more comfortable. And presumably the attachment points to the suit are wider also. I don't know how the thinner ones feel cause I don't have them.

I've got shoulder and back reinforcements. Do I think it's absolutely needed? No. Would I get them again? Yes. It's not expensive and it doesn't add much stiffness to the suit.

I've got the pee hose tidy thing. I would probably not get it again. Especially if you hookup all the time, it's not needed.

Zipper cover. Useful to keep debris and particles away from your main zipper. I see no reason why not getting it. Also it can be ordered in same color than sleeves so that's a nice color element to the torso.

Good luck with your order! I love my seaskin drysuit and pretty sure you will too.
All my padding (and I got all of it because why not, my 1st M2M drysuit and it was like $30 more for all of it) My 1st few dives did feel a little stiff. I'm not sure if there's a break in period or maybe it's in my head, but it definitely feels better now then when I 1st started diving it.

I have no idea if it's needed, but I figure I'll take all the protection I can get with NJ jagged wrecks.

I currently have 47 hours in it and have nothing but good stuff to say.

How does one make this request? Is there a place to write a note or something?
There is a remarks section towards the end of your order form. I believe it is also where you specify flag for the name patch if desired... been too long so this may not be exactly correct

There is a remarks section towards the end of your order form. I believe it is also where you specify flag for the name patch if desired... been too long so this may not be exactly correct
I just went through it all again and I don't see any remarks section.

Once you add it to your basket and go to checkout there is a place for it.

Screenshot_20231009_164642_DuckDuckGo.jpg

I actually didn't know about it until about 2 weeks after I placed my order. I wrote an email and they were able to make the change.

Just a question... Are you seriously going to dive 45deg (7 Celsius) waters in a 150 undersuit?? Because that's going to be effing cold...

For what it's worth I dive similar temps and got the extra room and am glad I did. It's pretty snug even with their supplied 250gsm undersuit. I'm going to try on some thinsulate 400 suits and hope I still fit into the suit.

Just a question... Are you seriously going to dive 45deg (7 Celsius) waters in a 150 undersuit?? Because that's going to be effing cold...

I did a weekend (5 dives) of diving in Lake Erie a few years ago. The first day I was in my Seaskin Nova with my Seaskin 250gsm undies. The water was 43F first dive, 44, and 48.

I was so warm that I changed to my 150 undies for the next day. Dives were 44F (at 147 feet) and 44F (at 127 feet). 49 minute dives, both times.

My head and hands were chilly. Otherwise, I was fine.

Back
Top Bottom