Review Seaskin Nova drysuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You can use a regular air compressor for tools to fill the suit. Other options include putting the hose for a shop vacuum on the exhaust side and filling it that way or an inflatable toy electric pump. You don't need a lot of pressure to leak test it. Vacuum hose or inflatable pump can be rigged onto your wrist seals.
Don’t have access to any of these unfortunately.

@admikar any chance you could link that post?
I did a quick search and couldn't find it

After reading all 2,506 posts in this thread, I still have a few questions and things I want people's opinions on. I'm predominantly going to be diving in quarries (temps 45-60F) and NJ boat diving (similar temps) for less than 1 hour.
  1. The Waterproof Neoprene neck seal sounds great. Am I correct that I would still want to get the Si Tech quick neck system with a few spare silicone seals so that I have a backup if the neoprene gets torn? I understand that the Waterproof Neoprene neck seal attaches to the Si Tech quick neck.
  2. Has anyone without the Kevlar knee pads had any issues with the knee area tearing or wearing through? I won't be crawling around much (if at all).
  3. Has anyone without the crotch or shoulder reinforcements had any problems with their BP/W straps damaging the suit?
  4. Has anyone without the zipper cover had an issue with your zipper being damaged and wished you had the cover?
  5. My understanding is that you can dive regular wetsuit gloves with the Kobi Fitted Cuff System (for when it's warmer and don't want to deal with drysuit gloves.) Is that correct?
  6. Has anyone with the Pee Valve Hose Tidy found that it actually makes things worse or gets in the way, or so you like it? I remember one person saying they thought it got in the way but don't remember reading anyone else's opinions.
  7. Has anyone with the standard 25mm braces wished they went with the wider 40mm braces?
  8. Lastly, is there any additional advice that wasn't given that you thought I should know? Here's a quick summary of what I learned from the thread:
    1. It will take about 2-3 months to arrive.
    2. Follow the instructions on how to measure (have 2 people measure, consider having a tailor do it).
    3. If ordering undergarments, consider ordering in 2 separate orders at least 1 week apart to avoid the expensive duty on undergarments (less than $800 doesn't pay duty) since the suit duty is only 4%.
    4. Telescoping torso makes it much easier to get into.
    5. I should be fine without the add extra room for undergarments option if I'm just going to use 150gm.
    6. Buy extra neck and wrist seals.
    7. Watch the YouTube video on how to talc the suit.
    8. Don't store with zippers partially open.
    9. There is universal agreement on which pee valve to get :)
Thanks to everyone who already posted on this thread. All the information was very helpful, and some of the witty banter back and forth was amusing.

After reading all 2,506 posts in this thread, I still have a few questions and things I want people's opinions on. I'm predominantly going to be diving in quarries (temps 45-60F) and NJ boat diving (similar temps) for less than 1 hour.
  1. The Waterproof Neoprene neck seal sounds great. Am I correct that I would still want to get the Si Tech quick neck system with a few spare silicone seals so that I have a backup if the neoprene gets torn? I understand that the Waterproof Neoprene neck seal attaches to the Si Tech quick neck.

Yes. 1 spare is probably sufficient, so get 2. Make sure you fit the spare and, if needed, trim it. The day you actually need to use it, you'll be glad you already sized it for yourself.

1. Has anyone without the Kevlar knee pads had any issues with the knee area tearing or wearing through? I won't be crawling around much (if at all).

I have not.

1. Has anyone without the crotch or shoulder reinforcements had any problems with their BP/W straps damaging the suit?

I have not.

1. My understanding is that you can dive regular wetsuit gloves with the Kobi Fitted Cuff System (for when it's warmer and don't want to deal with drysuit gloves.) Is that correct?

Yes.

Good luck! :D

I do exactly the type of diving you do. I skipped the neoprene neck seal and am perfectly happy with my silicone seals.

If doing it again, I would order the broader suspenders. I haven’t spent enough time to know for sure, but I don’t think the crotch or shoulder reinforcements are necessary. For NJ wreck diving, definitely get the Kevlar knees. Unless you have perfect buoyancy and don’t plan to ever touch the wreck to grab artifacts or lobsters.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom