Review Seaskin Nova drysuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Duty class is the 10 digit HS codes. Tariff rate is the duty.

You got hit with 28% on the undies and socks. Duty on garments is usually pretty high.

You got hit the most between drysuit (4%) and your undies. I don’t see anything out of line with your entry.

Disbursement fee is UPS paying duties on your behalf. Normal. Complex entry fee is for the multiple lines. Normal.

Not sure about the warehouse fees. Did UPS keep it for a bit before it was delivered to you? That’s the only part I would question.
It sat in customs for a bit I can only assume because of the holiday weekend. I think it came like 2 days before Thanksgiving and wasn't delivered until a few days after.

No reason was given as to why though.

It sat in customs for a bit I can only assume because of the holiday weekend. I think it came like 2 days before Thanksgiving and wasn't delivered until a few days after.

No reason was given as to why though.

Maybe took them a bit to do the clearance? I don’t know. I would definitely question the warehouse changes. Everything else is in line with what it should be.

Maybe took them a bit to do the clearance? I don’t know. I would definitely question the warehouse changes. Everything else is in line with what is should be.
Thanks, I appreciate you looking at that.

Actually I did. Tbh, I probably don't flush mine as often as I should. Just hurrying up, done for the day, want to get out of there kind of thing. I did say in my post I've never had a leak that wasn't user error, lol.
I have a siringe with male part of QC glued on. It takes about 5 seconds to do a flush. Most problems occur when people put a lot of flow through the valve.

Big difference between “storing” it and ”sitting” on it, like Marie said, resist That charge. This is why I don’t add a bunch of stuff to the suit order.
I agree, I'll call Monday.
I have a siringe with male part of QC glued on. It takes about 5 seconds to do a flush. Most problems occur when people put a lot of flow through the valve.
Good idea. I am just lazy if I'm being honest. I have been flushing my seaskin after every dive.

@Stuart told me to get extra male ends and I'm always amazed when I find all 5 that I originally ordered and they're all in the same place🤣.. it always feels like a small victory!

I am glad that I got extras!

Hi crew,

After having read a ton of good info on this thread, I think I'm gonna go ahead and buy my very first dry suit from Seaskin.
I was thinking to go with below config. Your views? Anything I am missing or I should reconsider?

Thanks a lot for sharing your thoughts!

Fully Telescopic Torso
Main Body Dry Zip Cover
YKK Plastic Dry Zip fitted into membrane drysuit (easier opening/closing of plastic zip sounds tempting)
Fitted SiTech Trigon Pee Valve (I am not sure about this one, are the other options different/better? Is the Apeks or Light Monkey "Tinkle" Balanced P-Valve worth their higher price point?)
Quick Neck system with Silflex seal
Warm Neck standard
Kubi Fitted Dry Cuff System
Neo Kubi Ring Covers
Dump Valve DIR placement
MiFlex LP Hose
Compressed Neoprene Socks
Kevlar Knee Pads (really necessary? Not sure when was the last time I sat on my knees before/during/after diving)
PU Bum Pads (Do I need this? I don't plan to sit on concrete walls a lot)
Change Mat Drysuit Bag Upgrade
2 Large Zipped Pockets
Computer Strap patches on both arms.
Elasticated Back Panel (should I get this? Not convinced)
Under garments I probably won't buy with seaskin after reading the duties on them and also as I think I might be able to pick up pre-owned under garments.
Placed the order on 31 Dec 2022 with a scheduled delivery date of 31 March. The waiting begins...
Some things I did different as per what I originally planned above after getting helpful input from you guys:
  • Balanced Light Monkey P-valve instead of Trigon P-valve.
  • P-valve hose tidy added.
  • Inflation valve comfort patch added.
  • Braces pocket added. I did keep the 25 mm braces as I think I will not like the bulkier closures of the 50 mm braces. If the 25 mm braces bother me, I could instead add padding.
  • Name badge added to both the suit and the upgraded bag. I figure it's nice other divers on the boat could see my badge and be reminded of what to call that person sitting there.
  • SiTech Oval Cuff Rings instead of Kubi.
  • Kevlar knee pads with note not to include the Kevlar logo. I figure there's going to be times on the boat or in the water I'll be on my knees.
  • No Bum pads. I did add back and shoulder padding as I will be diving a BPW. No elasticated back panel.
  • Added an Eezycut Trilobite on my left pocket. On the right side I will carry shears on my waste strap that I can use to tuck away a long primary donate hose.
  • No under garments as I hope to pick up good, gently used under garments. Also because of the duties some of you had to pay on that.
  • Last but not least: I went with the black/red coloring scheme with orange thread. My wife observed that I will "look like a clown" and that's OK.

Thanks again everyone and have a good weekend!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom