Review Seaskin Nova drysuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My suit arrived, had to pay duties with check COD style. It fits well and not a lot of loose material like my current drysuit, so donning and doffing took more care. I must have a giant head to neck size ratio as I cannot see how I’m going to get the MTM hood on, as there is no zipper and it’s not made of the stretchy neoprene that my other hoods are made of (Waterproof and Apeks).
What was your estimated ship date vs actual?

I haven't heard anything yet. I'm 4 days past my original shipping date.

It was 10/14. There is still a hooded vest that is outstanding because of neoprene shortage. Suit itself was completed 2 weeks after that date. I also got MTM undergarments, booties, changing pad/bag, bibless hood, and rock boots.

What was your estimated ship date vs actual?

I haven't heard anything yet. I'm 4 days past my original shipping date.
mine was supposed to ship out on 11/11, but I was just told that it should ship out either today or tomorrow...but I was also told that last week lol...supposedly mine was waiting on valves that JUST came in, moments before I emailed yesterday...but it was also leak tested before the valves got in...which i'm not sure how you do that...thought you would want to leak test it with valves in...but I guess I also dont make drysuits, so what do I know...but yeah, will let you know if mine actually ships today or tomrrow lol

I guess they have plugs just for that purpose. Important stuff is valve base (don't know exact term) into which it goes, valves themselves use silicone shims to seal which are easy to deal with.
My suit was delayed for 2 weeks, waiting for extended inflation hose. I finally told them to ship it with regular one and it turned out I didn't need extended hose in the first place. They even refunded the difference, even though I told them not to bother since CC fees would eat most of it anyway.

I must have a giant head to neck size ratio as I cannot see how I’m going to get the MTM hood on, as there is no zipper and it’s not made of the stretchy neoprene that my other hoods are made of (Waterproof and Apeks).
I have exactly the same issue with the MTM hood, I can't get it to fit over my head. My head/neck size is 58/38cm. The neoprene is so inelastic that it will not stretch enough to fit over my head. Like you, my other hoods (AL, SP) are stretchy enough to fit on easily.

I was tempted to pursue this issue with Seaskin, but I don't see a solution.
I like my Ultra suit, but doing it again I would avoid the MTM hood and convenience zipper.

I had big issues getting my noggin through the hood neck. I don't know if it streched out or what, but now it is not as hard as it was.

I had big issues getting my noggin through the hood neck. I don't know if it streched out or what, but now it is not as hard as it was.
I had similar issues with a different manufacturers hoods. If it hadn't been for the rear zip, I probably would have given them away. It is good to know this is a possible issue.

DW

I had similar issues with a different manufacturers hoods. If it hadn't been for the rear zip, I probably would have given them away. It is good to know this is a possible issue.

DW
Rear zip on a hood? It's that like a luchador mask?
1669146865850.png

Back
Top Bottom