Review Seaskin Nova drysuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My seaskin hood was also really tight on me. It's pretty hard to don/doff, and the actual circle around the face is pretty small so it kind of pushes in on my lips more than I'd like. I bought a Bare hood later and love it, I don't use the seaskin one anymore.

My seaskin hood was also really tight on me. It's pretty hard to don/doff, and the actual circle around the face is pretty small so it kind of pushes in on my lips more than I'd like. I bought a Bare hood later and love it, I don't use the seaskin one anymore.
Face opening is indeed small. Few of us here are guessing it is done on purpose by Seaskin. You can always open it more if you need it. If I used my hood as it came from Seaskin, my mask would sit on my nose fighting with my reg for that same space.

Did they end up shipping yours the other day like they said?
Yep! they did.
Next day air.
Although UPS originally said it would be delivered monday,
they then changed to Tuesday,
And it said "Couldn't be delivered, attempting redelivery".
I called UPS and the lady didn't know why but said it could be due to the Import Duties not being paid yet - However I haven't received any calls or emails to pay the import duties, and I can't figure out how to pay them online.
Their customs office was closed when I called them this afternoon so will call them tomorrow.

Yep! they did.
Next day air.
I called UPS and the lady didn't know why but said it could be due to the Import Duties not being paid yet - However I haven't received any calls or emails to pay the import duties, and I can't figure out how to pay them online.
Their customs office was closed when I called them this afternoon so will call them tomorrow.
I wrote the delivery guy a check COD. He wouldn’t take a credit card.

Yep! they did.
Next day air.
When I ordered mine, it showed up like a normal FedEx package dropped at my door. I didn't know there were import duties to pay until I got a call from a collections agency like 5 months later that had gotten it from FedEx :oops:

Yep! they did.
Next day air.

You can’t pay CBP directly. You have to pay UPS. UPS did the clearance and will pay CBP. You pay UPS. I’m a customs broker myself.

So I got my email this am for shipping via UPS.. says this Friday. So ordered 9/16, delivered ~ 11/25...hopefully.

How does one get the invoice for the cutoms fees? @lexvil didn't they ship yours UPS? Did you get an email from UPS before / after delivery? I have a UPS invoice # in the shipping email but not a cost anywhere.

So I got my email this am for shipping via UPS.. says this Friday. So ordered 9/16, delivered ~ 11/25...hopefully.

How does one get the invoice for the cutoms fees? @lexvil didn't they ship yours UPS? Did you get an email from UPS before / after delivery? I have a UPS invoice # in the shipping email but not a cost anywhere.
I clicked the link for tracking and shortly after it cleared customs I got some sort of notice on the UPS site that customs fee was due and there was an option to pay on line.

The carrier (Fedex/UPS) will get you the invoice for customs fees.

When did Seaskin start shipping UPS? I thought they were all Fedex.

I clicked the link for tracking and shortly after it cleared customs I got some sort of notice on the UPS site that customs fee was due and there was an option to pay on line.
Ok, that makes sense.. I think they just created a label..so no inv. yet. Do I have to pay that before they deliver?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom