Review Seaskin Nova drysuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks for all the feedback… so when I spec the nova dimensions should I be asking for the extra space for a thicker insulation in the measurements? I’m worried that it might become too baggy if I do. Would the ag450 still fit with their base measurement for example? Or as it’s custom I need to ask for more space? Thanks
I just ordered one, there’s an option you can select if you’re going to be wearing thicker undergarments. I didn’t select this option because of where I dive. When they cut your suit they add a few extra cm everywhere.

Thanks so much!!!! One more Question. Any thoughts on plastic zipper vs brass ?

I'm inclined to select the "Allowance for extra thick undersuits" option even though my local dive sites and typical travel locations don't require extra thick undersuits. Because I'd like the option to travel to colder dive sites in the future. So the suit would be 2-4cm(*) too big under normal circumstances, but how annoying is that really? As someone who has only done 3 drysuit dives ever -- always in an off-the-rack rental suit -- it's hard for me to evaluate what I'd be giving up. Is buoyancy control much harder? Are air pockets much more annoying? Something else?

(*): They add 4cm to the chest, waist, seat and body cord. 3cm to thigh and calf, and 2cm to the bicep.

In case it's relevant, I only dive open water currently. I might do basic wreck diving some day, but likely never cave diving. (Too many above-water caves I'd prefer to explore first.)

Buoyancy control is the same and air pockets aren't annoying (you just don't have any), if you control buoyancy using the wing.
But I wouldn't order this option for cold water rare dives if dived warm waters mostly...

Nov 18th. It was supposed to ship on Jan 21st, but my call few days before that confirmed it will not be done at that time and it should ship by end of this week

Back
Top Bottom