Review Seaskin Nova drysuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have the Halo 3D as well, I've only worn it once, but it didn't seem much (if at all) bulkier than the basically-Arctic undergarments I have. Just for reference. Could be just me, could be a difference in size/cut.
Was it warmer than just a regular set of arctics?

Was it warmer than just a regular set of arctics?
I'm hesitant to give an honest opinion on that, because my Otter Polar undergarments, while I was told by Otter and by another diver who looked at them that they are identical to the Arctics, are not actually the Arctics, so a comparison wouldn't be fair. I didn't find it that much warmer, but on that note I wasn't diving in really cold water - probably 50-55 degrees from memory, could be wrong - maybe in really cold water (35-45) it would make more of a difference.

I'm hesitant to give an honest opinion on that, because my Otter Polar undergarments, while I was told by Otter and by another diver who looked at them that they are identical to the Arctics, are not actually the Arctics, so a comparison wouldn't be fair. I didn't find it that much warmer, but on that note I wasn't diving in really cold water - probably 50-55 degrees from memory, could be wrong - maybe in really cold water (35-45) it would make more of a difference.

Dammit Sir... LOL...

I really like diving cold water, less people, better viz. My suit / undergarments do me pretty good into the 30's. I would like to carry that to a trilam suit...just not sure which direction to go.

Someone else would have to verify as I only used a neoprene suit during one class I took, then bought my own trilam. I think trilams are a little bit baggier of a cut by nature as there is less overall flexibility in the fabric, so therefore might have a little bit more wiggle room with undergarments.

Someone else would have to verify as I only used a neoprene suit during one class I took, then bought my own trilam. I think trilams are a little bit baggier of a cut by nature as there is less overall flexibility in the fabric, so therefore might have a little bit more wiggle room with undergarments.

I've never dove a trilam suit before, so I really don't know if "baggy" is horrible or easy to manage with practice?

For instance, I have size 14 boots on my suit, really I would have been better with size 12, but I bought it used and beggars can't be choosers. And the legs are too long. When I 1st got the suit I could feel the boots swell up mostly due to my inexperience. Now ~ 90 dives later I don't even notice that they're big at all. In the beginning it bothered me a lot, I thought my fins would pop off or something. It's not ideal, but it doesn't affect my diving in any way now.

I wouldn't say its hard to manage at all. And keep in mind I don't mean baggy like the jeans I was wearing in high school in the late 90s, I just mean the suit material itself doesnt stretch at all so for mobility reasons there needs to be some excess. I wouldn't say my suit is "baggy" though. It just has extra material where it needs to. I'll have to see if I can find a picture for you. In the water as long as I don't have too much air in the suit it fits like a glove.

With that said I dive 99% cold water, was just in the bay last weekend @ 35F.

That isn't "cold," that is butt freezing nut cracking temperature!!!

That isn't "cold," that is butt freezing nut cracking temperature!!!

Just checked, they haven't cracked yet:)

I don't know, it reminds me of when I was young and you get all your snow stuff and go out and just feel like iron man or something being in it and not feeling it. It's awesome (to me).

I'm actually heading to the quarry tomorrow hoping to catch it still snowing and get one in:) Should be good for pictures at least!

Just checked, they haven't cracked yet:)

The true test is when they thaw :p

I don't know, it reminds me of when I was young and you get all your snow stuff and go out and just feel like iron man or something being in it and not feeling it. It's awesome (to me).
You remind me of my twenties when I used to dive in a 1/4" wetsuit in Cape Ann in MA in November around Thanksgiving time with white snow on the ground when I walk out of the water. I'll never do that again in a wetsuit.

I like my nuts and I'd like to keep them in one piece and in working order, I enjoy using them that way. They keep me happy.

The true test is when they thaw :p

You remind me of my twenties when I used to dive in a 1/4" wetsuit in Cape Ann in MA in November around Thanksgiving time with white snow on the ground when I walk out of the water. I'll never do that again in a wetsuit.

I like my nuts and I'd like to keep them in one piece and in working order, I enjoy using them that way. They keep me happy.

What gets me is the other guys on the boat all dive wet...that's crazy!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom