Scubapro MK20/G250 used

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I am not sure what the gauge you linked to is made of. But brass and glass SPG are more durable than the plastic kind. However, plastic gauges are lighter for travel if that is a concern. In the US brass and glass gauges run $50-$100 US, depending on the make. However, they are all made in the same factory in Italy.

The reg set is available without the console for 258 U.K.
This gauge I found is brass plated and looks ok, but I will still double check it after I decide on the regulator.

If you want new then I would recommend this: Apeks ATX40 Regulator with Octopus & Console

You may be able to get the price lower if you shop around. There are some stores in Germany on eBay which are pretty aggressive on price.

This was a golden advice! Have been looking a bit around and found new AL Titan LX Supreme with 1st, 2nd, Octo and Pressure Gauge with HP hose for 319€ plus 18€ for transport. This is only 87 euros more than what I would have paid for the used equipment, so I am pretty much convinced. Also found Apeks DS4 with ATX40, octo and gauge for the same price. But I believe that the fact that the AL is cold water ready and has 2 HP ports makes it a better deal.

DS4 + ATX40 is also suitable for cold water, only the US4 and UST with the 20 series isn't.

DS4 + ATX40 is also suitable for cold water, only the US4 and UST with the 20 series isn't.

Wasn't aware of it. It seems that my doubts between the AL Titan LX Supreme and Apeks DS4/ATX40 are very common and long lasting ones. Just found another thread in scubaboard about the exact same doubt. So far, it seems to be a matter of preference. Since everyone states that they are pretty much the same in terms of features. It seems that the only real difference is the age of the models and the fact that the AL has the 2nd HP port...

1. AL probably has the adjusting screw on the 2nd stage while you need an Alan key for ATX40.
2. You can replace the plastic screw(ATX40) with the metal one ie. bring it in line as ATX50.
3. AL has Auto Closure Device.
4. Ease of service especially for DIY, readily available of spare parts and service kits.
5. The 2nd HP port is only useful if you are going to use it otherwise it is another point of failure ie extra O-ring to fail.
6. You money your choice.

1. AL probably has the adjusting screw on the 2nd stage while you need an Alan key for ATX40.
2. You can replace the plastic screw(ATX40) with the metal one ie. bring it in line as ATX50.
3. AL has Auto Closure Device.
4. Ease of service especially for DIY, readily available of spare parts and service kits.
5. The 2nd HP port is only useful if you are going to use it otherwise it is another point of failure ie extra O-ring to fail.
6. You money your choice.
I am already decided and will go with the AL Titan LX Supreme. Now am in doubt if to go with a pack that includes the Aqualung Sea Quest QD-SL also... :D Price of 1st, 3nd, Octo and jacket is 499€... Or just the 1st, 2nd, octo and gauge for 319.€... Decisions, decisions, decisions... :wink:

I won't fault your decision on Titan.
But you should seriously look at BP/W as well before plunging on a jacket bc. I am not saying BP/W is better but at least it is an alternative.

Take your time.

I won't fault your decision on Titan.
But you should seriously look at BP/W as well before plunging on a jacket bc. I am not saying BP/W is better but at least it is an alternative.

Take your time.

Mostly the decision was based on the prices and slight advantages of the Titan. Also I did train with Aqualung Titan, and had no issues with it. As for the BP/W, I was taking a look at it, but looked a bit out of what I trainded with, since my dives were with regular jacket BCD and am a bit tending towards it. Also this pack seems to have amazing price... :) Was reading reviews on Aqualung Pro QD-SL and Aqualung Axiom (which I found afterwards in another pack with AL Titan also) and they are quite good. I did my dives both with weight belt and with BCD integrated weight, and found the later way more comfortable, so that would be my plan moving forward. I wasn't looking at acquiring a BCD right now, but this pack is quite atractive... :D

Back plate is readily available as used.
Harness is dirt cheap if DIY, I used weight belt material which is a bit stiff but works.
That leave you with the wing and the hard-ware to consider.

Try to talk to other divers using BP/W for opinion. You will probably find most of them had been converted from jacket and had no desire to switch back. I certainly won't.

Back plate is readily available as used.
Harness is dirt cheap if DIY, I used weight belt material which is a bit stiff but works.
That leave you with the wing and the hard-ware to consider.

Try to talk to other divers using BP/W for opinion. You will probably find most of them had been converted from jacket and had no desire to switch back. I certainly won't.

Am checking the following thread about it here in the forum:
BP/W...please explain what it is!

Its an interesting concept.

Back
Top Bottom