Scuba Shack's Boat Get Wet Sinks in Key Largo

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The shop closed down right after the sinking, I believe? That means there is no one there to do anything. I speculate, of course.

I also suspect that the threat of lawsuit (and what could possibly be deemed admission of guilt) might cause them to not stop any financial transactions......speculation only of course.

Last edited:
Welcome viks120, and thank you for the information. That sounds much better than Voodoogasman's assertion.

Not to pry, but since we have such diametrically opposed reports (and VDGM does not care to cite a source), would you be willing to let us know yours? Perhaps you are a friend or a relative?

Blue Sparkle

Right now I can only say that he is recovering and I am his friend.

Thank you, that's certainly enough! :hugs:

Please know the scuba community holds your friend in our thoughts and prayers. May he recover fully from his accident.

ain't gonna happen I know he died, time to move on to current news, sorry.

Why would you spout this?? Went back and reread post back to page 18 and there is no source giving for this statement. Apparently a friend has conflicting status of this Individual. Now he might not be trustworthy either,, I dont know. But without a source or personal knowledge it would be better not written.

First I'm hearing about this (and have no idea where I could've been for two weeks).

I dove with KLSS a few months ago -- and we were out on the 'Get Wet.'
It was an extremely positive experience (and I believe I did a trip report on the board somewhere), so this incident creates quite a few mixed feelings.
Of course, my wishes go out to the families and friends of both divers. One of the owners, Alison, dove with us on our trips, and her attention always seemed to be on the safety and accommodation of the divers, so I sincerely hope this accident is ultimately not found to be anything more than exactly that.

I hadn't had the opportunity to read the removed posts, so I'm not privy to everything that was 'revealed,' although removing them, in light of what is no doubt an involved investigation, was probably very appropriate.

Again, my wishes and hope for closure to the family and friends of the divers...

I join others in being very glad to hear. If he ever feels like posting his experiences here, we'd like to read them - and such can be therapeutic. At least give us updates if you would like to?

Reactions: Jax
well I went back when blue asked, and could not remember which maritime law it was but it said he went into coma then died post#203 on dec 30 Is where i posted, I delete history every time I leave computer. so yes if he is still alive that is great news, but somehow when I read it I then went into diving coma's and srtudied for awhile then ran across peter wards link and how he says soon they will be able to help divers after being submerged. So I posted it.

So I guess they had written wrong or changed it as one site looked like it but was only a day after and one here in seattle did not say it.

well I went back when blue asked, and could not remember which maritime law it was but it said he went into coma then died post#203 on dec 30 Is where i posted, I delete history every time I leave computer. so yes if he is still alive that is great news, but somehow when I read it I then went into diving coma's and srtudied for awhile then ran across peter wards link and how he says soon they will be able to help divers after being submerged. So I posted it.

So I guess they had written wrong or changed it as one site looked like it but was only a day after and one here in seattle did not say it.

That'll learn ya! :chuckle:

:sprint:

Yea i'll say now I am reliving aimee and where i was then of course I do not know if I ever posted this.

adventures in space: A Tragedy and that is how I got to aimee missing any ways this reminds me of dropping an M&M under my desk a green one after diving my boot flipped over and a green M&M was stuck in it"best M&M i ever had and wasted so much time before a dive.

Yea i'll say now I am reliving aimee and where i was then of course I do not know if I ever posted this.

adventures in space: A Tragedy and that is how I got to aimee missing
any ways this reminds me of dropping an M&M under my desk
a green one
after diving my boot flipped over and a green M&M was stuck in it
"best M&M i ever had and wasted so much time before a dive.

Okay, I tried. :shakehead: This just doesn't make sense.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom