Scuba Sciences Regulator Repair Problem

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

missy1976:
I agree with Mr. Ash, I don't think refund is the answer either. When a store makes policies and procedures, it is up to them to follow and enforce them. What would be the point of a no refund policy if you're going to break the rule for this person or that person, etc. The issue has never been about giving him his money back. The repair technician at Scuba Sciences has been there for over 30 years. I'm sure he gets paid for his work. So to refund Mr. Just's money, you would have to take it out of the repair tech's pocket. Does that make it fair? The work was performed. The job was completed. Once out of the tech's hands, it is up to the customer to test and check out his stuff before he leaves the store. Why would you have a regulator completely serviced and not test it out in the pool or on their honesty machine? It seems to me that had he checked his equipment properly, and the hose truly was not tightened completely, it would have come apart during one of those test. I don't think it's right to blame a scuba shop for your shortcomings.

You know the more the people from your shop post nonsense the more unprofessional you sound. Is it fair to Mr. Just, that your servicing put him in a life-threatening situation? Is it fair that you want the customer to check over the work of your tech with 30 years experience? If Mr. Just was qualified then he could have serviced the regulator himself. Personally, I was never asked to check the over a tech's work and if asked I would decline. Why would he believe in your "honesty machine" when none of the people in your shop appear to be honest?

Agreed, it's very likely the same person, but at least this would confirm it and the poster can be banned for violating the TOS. If that's really what's going on, it's a new low in this Scuba Sciences debacle.

Thalassamania:
There appears to be a culture of dishonesty within the operation and I would have nothing to do with them until they’ve made a public apology for their fallen ways and a public promise to do business ethically from here on out.

How can you say they are dishonest? Missy says they have an "honesty machine".:rofl3:

This is going nowhere. At this point it is fair to say Scuba Sciences isn't even putting forth the effort to mount an honest rebuttal of the questions and criticism lodged against them. Employees posting as if they were customers, and with duplicate accounts, serves no purpose other than to further defame their image and reputation. Threads being started with the title of "some thing good about Scuba Sciences Inc.", which fail to garner any substantial support, further address the lack of community support and respect for this company. This entire thread, with over 8,000 views and closing in on 250 posts should stand as a lesson to other dive shops as to the significance of the ScubaBoard community, the intolerance of divers for poor business practices, and the dangers of improper equipment maintenance. Those who continue to use Scuba Sciences as their LDS do so with eyes wide open and should expect the same kind of denial and dishonesty should an error or omission occur.

I can only hope that other LDS are reading this thread and taking heed the advice, counsel, and warnings of divers from across the globe who have made it emphatically clear that such behavior is inexcusable at best, and intolerable to suffer further. ScubaBoard will archive this post, and through the search feature on this forum and Google it will bear witness to Scuba Sciences lack of customer service and inflexibility in dealing with problems.

Any faith that ScubaBoard members may have had in Scuba Sciences has diminished or disappeared through the course of this thread.

missy1976:
Why would you have a regulator completely serviced and not test it out in the pool or on their honesty machine?

OK I gotta know... what the heck is an honesty machine? All jokes aside, can someone tell me?

Stephen Ash:
OK I gotta know... what the heck is an honesty machine? All jokes aside, can someone tell me?

Its a Yolk Valve, connected to the banked air, with an industrial pressure guage mounted in-line.

You hook up your reg to it, and can verify the the your pressure guage against thiers, as well as test the rest of the reg setup (under pressure).

Edit: Art beat me to it.

Back
Top Bottom