Scuba Sciences Regulator Repair Problem

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

azcaddman:
Its a Yolk Valve, connected to the banked air, with an industrial pressure guage mounted in-line.

You hook up your reg to it, and can verify the the your pressure guage against thiers, as well as test the rest of the reg setup (under pressure).

Ok... so it's not verifying the honesty of the shop... it is checking that your spg is accurate as well as a few other things... right?

azcaddman:
Its a Yolk Valve, connected to the banked air, with an industrial pressure guage mounted in-line.

You hook up your reg to it, and can verify the the your pressure guage against thiers, as well as test the rest of the reg setup (under pressure).

Unless their other gauge is calibrated, what good is this test? I mean you could have two gauges that are way off.

this goes for any dive shop/operation that uses this, not just the shop in question.

I really doubt very few shops have calibrated gauges.

Unbelivable! Do you people really have nothing better to do with your time then to try to link me to another user? I'd say this is a non-issue.

missy1976:
Unbelivable! Do you people really have nothing better to do with your time then to try to link me to another user? I'd say this is a non-issue.

I'll take the bait...

Do you really have nothing better to do with your time than to violate the ScubaBoard TOS? Was one account just not enough?

Non-issue is a big term at Scuba Sciences. Seems like faulty service is a non-issue. God forbid Scuba Sciences should change their own policies, but violating the policies of ScubaBoard is just dandy, eh?

missy1976:

OK. Are you or are you not Missy01?

I tried to use Missy01 as a log-in, but I never received the e-mail to activate. I do not have 2 user ID's. In fact, I just tried to log-in as Missy01 and I cannot. Still, what's the point to all of this?

YOU’D HAVE US BELIEVE THAT THERE ARE TWO WOMEN IN PHOENIX, AZ, BORN OF OCTOBER 14, 1976, WORKING A DIVE SHOP, CERTIFIED THROUGH SSI, WHO’VE MADE 0-24 DIVES, WHO JUST HAPPEN TO WORSHIP SCUBA SCIENCE INC. BECAUSE IT’S SUCH A GOOD, REPUTABLE SHOP?

I know it can happen, I seen situations here on the board where someone else set up a sockpuppet with a similar name and an almost identical profile and then tried to discredit the user they copied the profile from by making bizarre posts. So it can happen. Is that the case here? Or did you just forget that you had another account? Or is it a normal business practice at Scuba Science Inc. to pretend that you’re a happy satisfied customer to drum up business? Or is it something else that we’re missing?

MISSY01:

About Me:
I am the office manager for Scuba Sciences, Inc. located in Phoenix, Arizona. I love to dive and I can't wait to do more of it.

Date of Birth: October 14, 1976
Interests: Traveling, sightseeing

Certification Agencies: Scuba Schools International
Certification History: Basic Open Water Certified (SSI), Complete "Safe Air" Nitrox Certified (ANDI), Advanced Open Water Student (SSI), and Dive Leader Student (SSI)
Certification Level: Basic Open Water
Dive History: Catalina Island, California and the Florida Keys.
Dive Classification: Just An "Average" Diver
# of Logged Dives: 0 - 24
Years Certified: One Year
Equipment Setup: I own all of my snorkeling gear, BC and regulator

I chose Scuba Sciences because everyone in the store is very friendly and helpful. Both of my parents and my daughter have also taken classes here.
And as far as the trips they run- they are the ONLY dive shop in the state that has their own bus and drives you to the dive location. Every other dive shop makes you drive your own vehicle (if you break down along the way- you are S.O.L.!) This could be a major inconvience to everyone on the trip!!!
While other dive shops may not have such a high regard for other people in the industry they have NEVER said a derogatory thing about any other shop in the state. Futhermore, they have been in business for over 30 years!! That in itself should say something about the quality and caliber of this scuba shop.
If you don't believe me, check them out for yourself!!!!

missy01:
I have had a wonderful experience with Scuba Sciences' SSI continuing education program. There are so many different things you can learn about diving. The classes are lectures and pools, so you actually get to practice what you learn. The classes are also on a rotation, so you can jump in at any time. The instructors are very knowledgable and captivating. I now wonder what I might have missed in diving had I not taken these classes.

missy01:
I don't know much about PADI continuing education, but the dive shop that I go to in Phoenix has a wonderful program. It's SSI and it's called "Expert Classes". There are so many extra things you learn about diving in these classes. I really enjoy them. The dive shop is called Scuba Sciences, if you are interested.

missy01:
Hi. My name is Melissa. I currently live in Phoenix, Arizona. I have been diving since 2005. I have a 9 year old daughter who also dives. Any good places to take her?
clip_image001.gif

MISSY1976:

About Me:
I just recently completed the training portion of SSI's Dive Con program. I just need to get my dives logged in and I'll be all done. Yeah!

Vitals Location: Peoria, Arizona
Date of Birth: October 14, 1976
Interests: Crafts, Painting, Reading, Puzzles, Swimming

Dive Profile
Certification Agencies: Scuba Schools International
Certification Level: Expert Diver
Dive History: I have been to Santa Catalina and San Clemente, California several times as well as Key Largo, Florida.
Dive Classification: Experienced Diver
# of Logged Dives: 0 - 24
Years Certified: Two Years
Equipment Setup: I own all of my own stuff. Nothing special- just the regular equipment.

missy1976:

missy1976:
Honestly, I got into diving by default. I was living in Hawaii with my parents and daughter. We would take trips on a submarine every other weekend or so. I would look out the window at 150 feet and see all of the divers. I told them that was going to be me one day. Fast foward one year, and my mom signs herself up for classes at one time and my dad at another time. She couldn't make the scheduled classes and asked me if I would like to take her place. That's how it all started. But I am really glad that it worked out that way. Without her, I don't know that I would have ever worked up the courage to take classes. And now, another year later, I'm an expert diver on my way to becoming a Certified Dive Con/Assistant Instructor. Funny how things work out some times.
missy1976:
I agree with Mr. Ash, I don't think refund is the answer either. When a store makes policies and procedures, it is up to them to follow and enforce them. What would be the point of a no refund policy if you're going to break the rule for this person or that person, etc. The issue has never been about giving him his money back. The repair technician at Scuba Sciences has been there for over 30 years. I'm sure he gets paid for his work. So to refund Mr. Just's money, you would have to take it out of the repair tech's pocket. Does that make it fair? The work was performed. The job was completed. Once out of the tech's hands, it is up to the customer to test and check out his stuff before he leaves the store. Why would you have a regulator completely serviced and not test it out in the pool or on their honesty machine? It seems to me that had he checked his equipment properly, and the hose truly was not tightened completely, it would have come apart during one of those test. I don't think it's right to blame a scuba shop for your shortcomings.

missy1976:
Any underwater cities in or around Arizona? That sounds like so much fun!

missy1976:
What percentage of Nitrox do you guys train to use? Up to 32% or 50%?

missy1976:
I have nothing but good things to say about Scuba Sciences. The staff has always been friendly and helpful. They also know what they're talking about when it comes to diving equipment. I have been to other shops in the area and I get someone from the camping department, who doesn't dive- let alone know what a regulator, etc. is. I have been on trips with them and they are very well ran. I love diving with people that I know versus strangers. They also offer great programs for training. I don't know where else you could get such complete and well rounded instruction.

missy1976:
The lakes around here are not the most optimal conditions, however it can be done. What type of dive store are you looking for? Specialty items, or just everyday equipment? Scuba Sciences located in Phoenix off of I-17 and Dunlap has lots of speciality stuff. And if they don't have it, they will get it for you. If you are in to "Tech Diving", Scuba Sciences just opened up a new tech center. Lots of gear and knowledgeable staff!

missy1976:
I chose Scuba Sciences as my favorite LDS because of all the dive shops in town I truly believe that they have the best programs and training available. I love that they offer a junior open water course for my 10 year old daughter! I feel so safe when I dive because I know that I have received the best training possible. I think that Paul is a very captivating teacher, you couldn't learn more from a better teacher. I also feel confident taking my equipment there to be serviced. I know that the repair technician is more than qualified. And lastly, I like the way they have set up their dive trips/vacations. I feel more comfortable diving with people that I know. It is so convenient to be able to walk in the shop and say I want to go on that trip, and everything is taken care of for you. You name it, airfare, transportation, meals- all included. It's great!

missy1976:
I tried to use Missy01 as a log-in, but I never received the e-mail to activate. I do not have 2 user ID's. In fact, I just tried to log-in as Missy01 and I cannot. Still, what's the point to all of this?
Well, then who posted to MISSY01? Not you? Then who?

Thalassamania:
Well, then who posted to MISSY01? Not you? Then who?

You're just going to have to follow the logic here a little more closely. It is similiar to the logic of if you put a newly serviced regulator under pressure and it doesn't leak, then everything must be tightened correctly.

I doubt if there was any intent to set up a sock puppet and decieve anyone with the posts. I'm sure it was just another simple little error.

Back
Top Bottom