Scuba Sciences Regulator Repair Problem

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Point of Information: MISSY1976 is a sockpuppet for MISSY01, the Office Manager of Scuba Sciences.

Perhaps the mods can do something about this.... per the TOS:

The creation of multiple accounts ("sock puppets") for one person is prohibited. Membership is a privilege, not a right. We reserve the right to deny service to any person at any time with or without cause or notification.

Can we keep it to one account per person, please?

Mods - Please delete my post if it suits you or if action is taken that makes this point useless.

I say do whatever the mods decide :)

I'd prefer that they clean up the thread, or at least clean up the spurious postings. So long as they do not delete or lock the thread it's all good by me. :)

mike_s:
You pr0file says you work at a dive shop. Any chance that's Scuba Sciences?

hmmm..... seems like you are defending them as a customer but you actually work there.

It appears that you also have another Scubaboard ID as Missy01
http://www.scubaboard.com/member.php?u=70945
same type info. almost the same user name. same birthdate., etc.

It says:
About Me: (Missy01)
I am the office manager for Scuba Sciences, Inc. located in Phoenix, Arizona. I love to dive and I can't wait to do more of it.

your new profile you just joined 2 days ago and started posting about this topic. It seems that the entire Scuba Sciences staff is on here now. Why hide as a new user that doesn't have your Scuba Sciences identity on it anymore?

Now I don't live in Arizona and don't have any experiences with Scuba Sciences, and I could care less how many of your people are on here, but you guys just seem like you're trying to be too sneaky to me.

Will wonders ever cease? Defining new lows in diving...

missy1976:
The issue has never been about giving him his money back. The repair technician at Scuba Sciences has been there for over 30 years. I'm sure he gets paid for his work. So to refund Mr. Just's money, you would have to take it out of the repair tech's pocket. Does that make it fair? The work was performed. The job was completed. Once out of the tech's hands, it is up to the customer to test and check out his stuff before he leaves the store. Why would you have a regulator completely serviced and not test it out in the pool or on their honesty machine? It seems to me that had he checked his equipment properly, and the hose truly was not tightened completely, it would have come apart during one of those test. I don't think it's right to blame a scuba shop for your shortcomings.

A hose with a loose connection (finger tight) should neither leak nor fall apart under a pressure test and may well appear to perform adequately for a number of dives. This seems to be something that most of the employees of the shop simply don't u nderstand. But, in time, it should be expected to loosen further and eventually leak. And if left on it's own or fiddled with UW, it may even come apart. That is what happened to the Scuba Sciences customer. The clearly mopst likely explanation is that the tech failed to tighten the connection according to Zeagle specifications. The work was not completed correctly. The job was botched. Mr. Just's request for a refund is fair. If that refund actually came out of the techs pocket, that would also be fair. The shop should understand what has happened, accept that it was most like a service error, and do what is right.

If the only thing preventiing the shop from providing the requested refund and hopefully putting this unfortunate error behind them is a silly "no refund" policy then the shop would benefit from an exception in this case. Or at least offer a shop certificate for the piddling amout we are talking about if that would be acceptable to the customer. It would surely be much cheaper than moving the shop to another location and changing its name to get away from the obvious embarrassment this incedent is causing.

awap:
If the only thing preventiing the shop from providing the requested refund and hopefully putting this unfortunate error behind them is a silly "no refund" policy then the shop would benefit from an exception in this case. Or at least offer a shop certificate for the piddling amout we are talking about if that would be acceptable to the customer. It would surely be much cheaper than moving the shop to another location and changing its name to get away from the obvious embarrassment this incedent is causing.
There appears to be a culture of dishonesty within the operation and I would have nothing to do with them until they’ve made a public apology for their fallen ways and a public promise to do business ethically from here on out.

Stephen Ash:
I say leave it.

I say leave it also.

Leave all of it.

let it be written in stone the stupid stuff they are pulling to try to make their shop look good.

They have all put so much effort into this campaign, if they just put this effort into customer service we wouldn't be here.

Could a mod at least check the IP addresses that the two users are using to confirm/reject that they are the same person?

Rainer:
Could a mod at least check the IP addresses that the two users are using to confirm/reject that they are the same person?

It doesn't really matter...... the names are the same. the birth dates are the same. the places are the same.... the rest of the profile is enough match to get a search warrant on these "tv dectective shows". heh.

I'm betting that if they check the IP addresses for these names, then check to see who else is using these names, they all point to the same IP address being used by Scuba Sciences. Maybe up to 20 different names could be in use here to that single IP..... :rofl3:

Like I said, I don't think it matters, I think they have already disgraced themselves and have been "outed".

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom