Scuba ClubCoz and airfare from DC area

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

That's the worst part about the bag drag. It ruins your last day on coz.

You can fly into CUN and out of CZM. You could do the bus/ferry down and mayair back to CUN. Those options eliminate the extra 4+ hours of travel on your last day if you do the bag drag.
It depends on the flights. The first time my home bud went with me, he waited until the Coz flights were gone, so booked thru Cancun, shared a van, took the ferry, and even tho we left Lubbock together, he nearly beat me to the hotel.

273$ a day seems like a lot to pay to stay at SCC?
Sure it would be if that was the case. Where did you get that idea. He gets 5 nights, meals, and diving for $599.

Scuba Club Cozumel Specials

That is a really aggressive offer.

Now I'm looking at flights and I find that airfare from Dulles or Reagan to Coz is $580 or so RT. Cancun is only $375.... How much would transfers be from Can to Coz and then Coz to Can? I guess it'll be exactly $205 for taxi/ferry since that's the difference in the ticket.

$599. How much would it normally be? Hate it when the airfare cost more than the rest, especially if not a direct flight...

$599. How much would it normally be? Hate it when the airfare cost more than the rest, especially if not a direct flight...
So I heard...
SCC deal - that is $100pp their regular price plus a free night dive. Not bad really.

SCC deal - that is $100pp their regular price plus a free night dive. Not bad really.

I would not fly into Cancun and do the bag drag myself. My time and sanity are worth the airfare difference.

Dear Robint,

I agree that there is a bit more problem with the bag drag from Cancun to Cozumel but if the difference means that you don't have to make an connection on your way to Coz, and fly straight in to Cancun...I say go for it. I can't remember the numbers of times (weather, stupidity, etc) I have had to miss a connection in Houston, then over night or at best get into Cancun late then do the bag drag anyway. My personal guide is that a direct flight to Cancun is ALWAYS preferable to a change of plane into Cozumel as long as the costs are $50 less into Cancun.

That's just my 2 pesos.

Dave Dillehay
Aldora Divers

Not only that Dave, but I had an aircraft mechanical issue departing Colorado Springs. I had checked on options and at a certain time I was going to bail on my COS-ATL-CZM flight since I would miss the connection.

As I walked up to the gate agent, they announced an additional delay and I went to plan B. COS-DFW-CUN then bus/ferry.

Sure I could have gone to ATL and overnighted but I would have lost one vacation day. Flying into CUN, I got to Cozumel a few hours later but no lost diving.

The CUN-ADO Bus-ferry option is not as bad as some portray it.

Last edited:
It depends on the flights. The first time my home bud went with me, he waited until the Coz flights were gone, so booked thru Cancun, shared a van, took the ferry, and even tho we left Lubbock together, he nearly beat me to the hotel.

Sure it would be if that was the case. Where did you get that idea. He gets 5 nights, meals, and diving for $599.
I just assumed he was going with his wife not his "home bud". I added her + 14% tax.

Sure, flying non-stop* to Cancun rather than a plane change into Cozumel would be wonderful, I'd do that even if the fares were the same, but we don't know what his details are.

Yeah. That's missing an adverb or something to me so I don't get that as an answer. Guess I'm too sober. LOL...
Oh, yeah - missing words leave guesswork, but I think I know what she meant.

I just assumed he was going with his wife not his "home bud". I added her + 14% tax.
Ok, for two, with tax added - gotcha. Yeah it is pp/do and plus tax. I looked over the beach fence at SCC from HotCoz this afternoon. Do they have an elevator? My hotel does, but I'm on ground floor with garden balcony, AI. :cool:

I have a private room with food & drinks for $66/night including taxes after the Orbitz agent helped me with the $50 discount. His deal can be beat easily, but some like the SCC and their boats.

No, SCC does not have an elevator. If that is a requirement then go elsewhere.

Don - does your $66/night include 2 boat dives and free shore diving tanks? Didn't think so. Quit comparing apples to oranges.

No, SCC does not have an elevator. If that is a requirement then go elsewhere.

Don - does your $66/night include 2 boat dives and free shore diving tanks? Didn't think so. Quit comparing apples to oranges.
Of course not. I get a private room, AI, and diving for about what he's looking at pp/do - but no, it's not the same. I know you're an avid fan of SCC - no argument, many like it. I'm sure it's nice.

Back
Top Bottom